To Garelli Supersport owners

Alex /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So, mike and I (from st. louis's I.R.E.) recently got a garelli supersport lx at Kalamazoo. We got it from a guy named Jethro out of the back of his pickup truck for a hundred bucks.

Now before you go and say "holy shit! a hundred bucks?!" just know that we got what we paid for.

I recently filed myself a new woodruff key for it. The nut on the flywheel has fucked up threads so it was all loose, thus the key sheared. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement nut? The key and the nut both don't match other garelli engines we have lying around.

Also, is there a bar on which the tank rests on? I looked at the frame, and I feel like there should be a support bar running from the fork to the seat, but instead it's just the tank that is attached on the seat and the fork.

Right now all I've got is compression, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my spark right now, and then maybe it'll pop.

Thanks for any help. I'm really excited to get this thing running and then after that, flying.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account