Re: one more of the tandem

so heres what happened:

adams kreidler had no speedo. the cable was hanging free. it got caught in the wheel and twisted up around the axel while he was riding. he was able to pull over, narrowly avoiding death by suv. the axel completely snapped in half, and martin and i went back to find nate conjuring up this plan. i documented the whole thing with pictures, but my internet at home hasnt worked since i got back. im at work now. ill post them up soon for you all to enjoy.

George Smith /

the better question is....how fast did it go :x

ahh, thats tight. nate bandit is a G. with a sweet ass trac.

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

emergency tandem ped action:

S C H W E E T !

in other words, a lot of common sense goes the longest way.

i was thinking he attached the fork to his back axle before seeing the pic, but the shock mount is true roadside genius.

for grins, i wonder how many could be joined up together, 5 or 6?

~marc

we hit 40 at one point... but i backed off. also as cool as putting this thing together on the side of the road was, riding it was SKETCHY AS HELL. Huge props to Adam(Jester) for being able to ride back there and not killing the both of us.

i pull up to the bar, and someones says to me, go look at nate bandits bike, thinking he blew up his moped (the one that did a legit as fuck GPS 58 miles per hour, and also the same 58 mile per hour bike that rode from louisville ky to milwaukee across the lake and down to kalamazoo and rode the whole rally moped) and to my surprise it's got another fucking moped on it. dag gone!

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

did both of you kick the throttle or just lead?

It was unfortuate, we had to pull the exhaust off the kreidler to mount it up, there were so many kreidler parts on various bikes.

It was quite possibly the best thing I have ever done on the side of the road. As far as I am concerned, NOBODY should try this at home. It took all of the balance my Olympic training could give me just to keep us from dying. Nate is probably the only person I would trust to ride a tandem moped with. I wonder how hard it was to steer that thing around.

Who needs a Chase Truck?

The Bandits never need a chase truck.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account