MacGuyver moments from the Kzoo rally?

Gotta hand it to Jude from Peddy Cash. The wires sheared off his CDI while we were riding to the arcade, right where they go under the flywheel.

A few minutes later, it was fixed--a little electrical tape, some tweezers and a zip tie. Best roadside fix ever.

Who else has a good one?

1212137739_0524081831a.jpg

Re: MacGuyver moments from the Kzoo rally?

My front Axle Broke in half due to a loose speedometer cable. Nate Bandit, myself, and a few others were able to sucessfully hook my front forks to his rear swing arm and ride the rest of the way to dinner, the bar, then home. Dual Engine, 3 wheels in line, Mopeds Rock! Pictures soon.

My faves are still the broken throttle cables fix by tying them to the pedals.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

The threads for one of my exhaust studs were stripped. I lacked a tap and die set, and I got another cylinder from 1977 but it was low torque with crappy porting so I didn't want to use it.

After a day of riding around with a huge exhaust leak (sounding like a harley but with little power), I figured out that since I have an estoril, and my pedals hit, I can just jam my left pedal under the pipe and push up a little with the right one. Bam, no exhaust leak.

No MacGyver moments for me, but I did have a Kurt Russell moment of driving the Denver bus out of downtown Chicago with no brakes.

Russelled.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

That tandem ped was fucking awesome...

brandon being kurt russell was awesome.

also, anyone who drove the bus was keanu reaves in "speed"

"don't take her over 55 or...we'll have really shitty gas mileage"

tandem ped agreed. someone's front axle shears in two. so nate bandit in his infinite wisdom just bolts the front forks two his rear shocks and rides him to where we all were meeting up. somebody has a picture and this needs to be posted asap.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Haha I didn't see the tandem ped. So it was Nate Bandit's hobbit pulling what?

pulling a kreidler.

I think Elder has pictures. And Louis. I have some, but they are on a hone that I can't seem to locate at the moment.

I taped a CEV headlight assembly onto my stock housing and wired it in on my Carabela. Does that count?

But seriously, that whole bike is an accident waiting to happen.

I watched Graham from the Cranks stick his throttle so he could tape his light on as we rode.

fish_SHARK /

many'a times have i seen beer and speaker wire used in dire situations

Edward Richardson /

Gotta give it to Matt of the Breakfast Mafia shimming the starter lever on Tom of I.R.E.'s Batavus with a strip of beer can so he could ride until the engine soft seized on Sunday.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Haha I didn't know Matt used beer can on Tom's bike.

Did anyone else break down every day of the rally? I think Tom should get a prize.

is pushing someone for miles, untill you break through a fouled spark plug a mcguyver moment?

my headlight mounts broke from too much intense dirt tracking. i couldn't find a coat hangar, so i bought a fly swatter at gun lake and cut off the swatter and used the wire handle to tie up my shit. it held for the rest of the weekend.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

I had heard one of the Flock bought a flyswatter at Gun Lake...the way it was told it sounded like you were just buying SOMETHING to patronize the grocery store! And now I know... ::Paul Harvey voice:: the rrrest of the store-ey...

sarah's exhaust hanger bolt fell off, so i pulled a bolt off my hobbit engine cover, and used a ziptie as a spacer and another ziptie as a nut. worked for the entire way home to GR.

My jetting wasn't quite right so I took a wrench and a screwdriver and totally changed my jet out for a better one.

nothing too innovative but...

the baffle cover on my estoril shot off somewhere between gun lake and that gas station so later on i cut the top off a pbr can, unclamped the end of the exhaust and attached the can over the end of the exhaust. it didn't help too much since all the baffle material also blew out somewhere on the road but it was an improvement.

Tandem Ped!!!!

"yup.... Nate Bandit working the MacGuyver moped magic.":http://flickr.com/photos/_elemenoh_/2536548449/

Tandem Ped!!!!

yup... Nate Bandit working the MacGuyver moped magic.

http://flickr.com/photos/_elemenoh_/2536548449/

Re: Tandem Ped!!!!

Nate Bandit is the MacGuyver of mopeds.

That was so epic. Done on the side of the road in like, a half hour, 45 minutes.

Re: Tandem Ped!!!!

Cleats Onionpockets /

Alright, just out of cusiosity, how does a loose speedometer cable snap an axle?

one more of the tandem

Re: one more of the tandem

FTW!

Re: one more of the tandem

Nate Bandit: 1, Speedo cable: 0

That tandem ped is quite possibly the most brilliant thing I've ever seen.