custom mods

Anyone in the Elkhart area have the info on custom mods?

I am wonderingif the state has regs on how far you can mod a 'ped?

Such as frame mods and gas tank size.....Right now i am restrained from alot of basic mods due to no job, but once i am back in the ring i am interested in extreme mods and seeing them done.

the 88 tomos i am waiting on will need alot of rebuilding and since i wil be there doing rebuild i figure why not mod it to some extent.....

Also the seats on Tomos...are they pleather or some from thereof? I plan on reupholstering the seat with some hideous clothe and am wondering in advance.

Re: custom mods

motion left is in Elkhart including there shop i hear some good stuff about there customs and frame/gas tank/seat mods should be perfectly legal once u get into kits though its not but no cop is going to know the difference between 65 and 50 cc

Yeah, I heard of them on myspace. I need to hit them up here. I was hoping to see some radical mods but have yet to find any.

Have you checked out this post? https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/494832/494832/

I am pretty sure it started out looking like this:

Bruce Edwards /

Yep, that's how my bike started out-except mine had a smashed front end! lol

Yeah, I had checked it out already. I am interested in more tech on parts, acquisition and manufacture.

I have to finish the details on the design I have made up for the original idea, plus i have yet to sit down and do the math on the actual technical aspect behind the design. I am loathe to go to a firm and have someone put the technical drawings. I'd rather do it myself and go through a year or two of hell putting it together then show it and have people just sit and wonder.....all i will say is it's way over the edge beyond blade runner and akira, but simple in design.

SO...if any of the motion left craftsmen would like to get together and sit down at Callahan's over coffee.......get ahold of me.

Bruce Edwards /

Unless you won the lottery forget have someone else do the work. For the same price you'd pay for a truly custom moped you could almost have a Harley!

There's no need for technical drawings unless you're planning on having 5000 made in China.

Well thge idea is to make the original, obviously then market the beast to some company, hence the tech drawings.....but I agree, tech is way to exspensive......Like i said i'd rather duke it out in the garage anyway. more fun.......and you have the satisfaction of making your idea from scratch.

me i have always done hay that will look throw it on hay that sucks take it off ad at the end u have an average looking thing that is custom

Bruce Edwards /

Zeke, put the crack pipe down!!! LOL!!!

Bruce Edwards /

Just do it in your garage. All you really need is a couple $20 4" angle grinders, a $200 gas mig welder, a drill, a uni bit, a sawzall, a C-Square, some clamps and the rest of a normal tool set. It's really not that hard-just very time consuming.

a $200 gas mig welder

umm more money than i have into these both of them put together

Bruce Edwards /

Well, that's what it takes to make anything truly custom. If you're not cutting and welding stuff you're not making anything custom.

Might as well order parts out of a catalog and "assemble" a Harley like most of those alleged "custom" motorcycle builders.

yeah i know i don't do custom, not yet at least. we will see if this frame holds if it does it stays if not custom time

Bruce Edwards /

Good luck

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account