1977mopeds...

they kick ass! i bought a set of pedal arms and some pins and somehow the pins were not in the package, i called them and immediately they fixed the problem and shipped me a set, just wanted to say thanx! especially with the k-zoo stuff and their own party going on the pins still got to me fast!

Re: 1977mopeds...

dellorto direct is kickass too.

ordered yesterday, got the shipping confirmation e-mail today.

can't wait to get that shit!

1977 is awesome to deal with.

yeah but they didnt send you the part in the first place... that shouldnt happen.

they sent me the wrong manifold a few weeks back. and i had someone else say they had the same thing happen in a post about a week back. they did send me out a new one right away but you are saying they are awesome for not sending you a part? seems a little whack to me.

i'd say they were awesome if they sent the right parts and all the parts you ordered the first time.

just my .02

that may have sounded a little harsh... dont get me wrong i appreciate what they do, its hard to find moped parts and they are one of the few places that you can get them. they do their part for the moped community.

Yep. People make mistakes... It IS awesome that they realized they fucked up and fixed it asap...

BryAn eurism /

When customers start hammering the shops for parts and it ain't even summer yet, and they're wondering why their parts aren't in their 'my downloads' folder even though they only checked out 5 minutes ago, take that and multiply by 1000 or even 10, and see if they don't make mistakes. Factor in these places having to order stuff, take irate calls from said buyers, or spend an hour answering how to change a Puch headlight bulb, then having them say 'oh but I have a Sparta' or having walk-in repairs from some other TOMOS dealer the ppl bought it at and now they won't support, and that's not even the other brick & mortar guys who don't sell kits and write out a receipt by hand, who answer the never-stop-ringing phone that starts the minute they take their 2nd bite of their bought at 9:30 breakfast sandwich at almost 3 in the afternoon, listening to the sauced & tweaked vato demand you tell him what's wrong with the electric shopping cart he basketed out, and the guy who wants new rings installed at 1/2 hour before closing, or the old uppity drunk guy telling T&A stories down your neck as you change his Revival tire. See if they don't make a couple mistakes. And factor in real-time repairs on vintage, and the consulting/ decisions that go with a lowball/ high labor estimate. Actually I salute these guys for not dying of an aortal aneuryism at the front counter. For the privelege of making sure that 1 less cage on the road they get all that fun along with the joy of dealing with flack from people out the loop

"'my downloads' folder", I love it!

i totally appreciate what they do as a business, and the fact that they do try and fix things when they fuck up, but just because someone is talking to someone or yelling at them doesnt give them an excuse to fuck up while doing the job THAT I AM PAYING THEM MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO DO. I pay them to get it right. i pay them to have it here by a certain time. i dont pay them to have it here three weeks later.

i just think that if this were any other business, that this situation would be unacceptable. I just have NEVER had a problem with any other vendor sending me something other than what i ordered (i've never even heard of it from anywhere else), and it seems to have happened to multiple people on this forum.

how many people have been pissed off at waune oats because he shipped parts 3 weeks after he said he would. to me these situations seem to be about on par with each other. and it seems perfectly acceptable to condemn him while we praise 1977 for fucking up... seems a little backwards.

now to say something so that everyone doesnt get mad at me for bitching. they are a small business and it takes time to figure out how to get things right. 5 years isn't really that long of a time to be in business from a logistical standpoint. I'm sure they are always trying to improve the way they do things. and i applaude them for that. i'm sure things will be better in the future, but if we dont raise hell about it now, then it becomes an acceptable business tactic. And i dont want to be getting things i dont order. getting a salad when i ordered a junior bacon cheeseburger is never a good thing.

Man, they support the moped community. That's it. I don't care how often they fuck up, I don't care if they don't have parts in stock, I don't care if it takes them a month or two to get a part to me. I don't care because they're busy keeping hundreds of other people riding. For me, that justifies forgiveness and patience.

Running a business is risky and hard, especially when you have people doing the things cockatiel mentioned. The fact that you haven't had a parts order fucked up yet suggests to me that you haven't been ordering or buying moped parts for very long. It's almost a part of the scene, and you just have to learn to roll with it. This isn't people trying to run a slick corporation, or develop a bitchin business model. These are people who love mopeds, and want to help other people who love mopeds.

That said, I'm not trying to hate on you, or call you out, or chew your ass in public. I'm just saying, a little patience, forgiveness, and understanding goes a long way in developing lasting business relationships, not to mention friendships with other people who share your hobby or passion.

no offense taken... i guess i'm just going a little crazy as my ped was out of commission while it was beautiful outside and i was waiting to get my part. i really hope people dont think i'm some kind of huge asshole. ha. i mean... they were the only place that i could find that part so if 1977 wasnt around i have no idea where i wouldve gotten it. so i do appreciate them... i really do. i guess i'm just going through 2 stroke exhaust withdrawal and i'm getting cranky.

Maitland Of the Loin /

i think most peoples frustration with 1977 is that they are too afraid to use the phone.

once i realized you can describe EXACTLy what you need over the phone, it takes any guesswork out of the equation

the thing that is sad with any moped shop, is that every single person that has ordered with no problem, and gotten parts promptly doesn't post that experience. if so, I could have put up about 15 posts for 1977 alone, and a handful for Moped Junkyard, Treats, Handybikes, etc.

People aren't perfect, they make mistakes. Working in a warehouse is stressful. It doesn't seem like it should be, but it really is.

People shouldn't be judged on if they make any mistakes, but rather on how they fix the mistakes they do make.

In my personal expreience they have been a whole lot better since I started listening to the "pick up the phone" people.

Since then, I have never had an issue, they are pleasant to talk with, and have got my parts promptly.

Yeah, I know they have a website, but order shit on line, then give them a call to confirm if you want. Phones are ALWAYS a better way to order parts so that you can describe exactly what you need.

Anyone else tired of these new moped scene kids who never had to track down a part and post douche comments about their ".02" every week?

It's a fine line here. I, knowing that they are a small business, usually don't call on the phone because I don't need to tie up their line making an order I can do online. They get a million calls a day from people asking questions that they could probably find out online. Why should I add to that by "confirming" my order or making my order on the phone when the website is there for that purpose? Like I said, I don't call out of respect for small business owners.

no i said i received the package without the pins, since the packaging was beat to hell, thanks to our lovely postal service, it's possible they lost the pins via transit, so i cannot confirm, nor directly deny that they were in there, all i saw was a package with clear packing tape all along the seams and a pair of pedal arms. regardless 1977 sent me pins without fail. they could have said "well, we sent them tough titty" like most places, but they didn't they sent them, and i am grateful.

ok then i apologize if my rebuttal came off a little harsh, i consider myself a more neutral party when dealing with parts places, i don't have a particular favorite, but i felt they deserved some props.

Re: positive props for the parts...

well it's true that moped parts stores don't get enough positive feedback; i was surprised at how fast they sent my parts, and was elated with their customer service, especially during a very busy week. i didn't expect it that fast, and wasn't bothered with the possibility of waiting for the parts, but i didn't have to, thus 1977 kicks ass!

I got a buncha hugs from them same day no problems. And a V1 CDI!!!!!!!

BryAn eurism /

"Call before you cuss" . I like that. Same applies for the Brick&Mortars. If you can't get through on the phone, walk on in through the door, and bring the part/bike/item with you. We can help a lot better and faster when everyone's on the same page. Moped biz needs to relearn the lost art of dealing F2F, you can't go your whole life buying things without shaking the hands that made them

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

whether im annoying them on the phone or in person, im still ANNOYING them with endless questions. i do apologize to them for that but i do ALWAYS get exactly what im looking for. dudes right, FUCKING CALL THEM!

Lay offa the Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers and your attitude will improve!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account