Anyone have a trick for unsticking engines?

So I bought this Maxi luxe yesterday, and the engine was seized. Well, almost seized. I sprayed some PB blaster, some WD-40 and some Liquid wrench down the plug hole, squeezed the black lever, and jumped on the peddle. I got it to turn over and I was super happy that it wasn't just one solid chunk of metal in there. So, I repeated this a couple times, each time getting a little bit more free, until this guy came to buy m old crx. That was the end of last night and today I hung the bike plug hole up from a tree. Filled the plug hole with the same spray lube concoction and let it sit there. A couple hours later I bought a vibrating massager from my local dollar store and secured it as firmly as possible in front of the plug hole. Turned it on and let it go. The first set of batts lasted like 4 hours and I am going to put a second set in before I go to sleep. Any ideas on something else that might help? I think the seize is about all thats wrong with the bike, but you never know. If there's any trade secrest I missed, besides pulling it all apart, lemme know.

Re: Anyone have a trick for unsticking engines?

if it is a stock cylinder, just get a socket on the flywheel and a huge ass breaker bar and yank it out slowly.

put a breaker bar on the magneto and get some leverage while lubing it. or just take the cylinder off, and check out the crankcase.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

your dollar store sells vibrators? HA! i never thought about using a dildo to free up a motor. makes sense though.

Yeah, I was pretty weirded out about that too. I went looking for like an electric toothbrush or like a wiggle pen or something, but a "massager" is all they had that fit the bill.

Perhaps it's more of a strap on kinda bike.

John Hannibal Smith /

A strap on bike Dildo lmaooo thatrs some funny shit!

***Kim Jong illest*** /

theyve always been good for loosening thing up havent they

Jason Luther /

is the cylinder a chrome bore, or a hi-torque cast iron? if its the former than the crank and main bearings are probably rusted (since iron rings wont rust onto chrome), so take it apart. its its the latter go to babeland.com

Its the high toque. It looks to be all cast iron.

God damn you, this is my girlfriends parents computer. I guess I walked into that one. I don't know why I thought anything called babeland.com could be anything bike related.

Jason Luther /

youve got some play, so loosen the head/cylinder bolts and try to pull the cylinder off. pb blaster it and work it loose, you cant do anymore damage that is already done. hopefully you can hone it out and get some new rings

I bookmarked this a long time ago. Dunno if it's useful, but I bet it's more on-topic than babeland.com

http://www.dansmc.com/stuck_engine.htm

wrong, I could do plenty more damage if I break the bolts trying to get them off. But what the hell, maybe I can get lucky. If I fuck it up theres gonna be a titled rolling frame for sale!

sweet i want it :P

zeke, whats the deal with yer shuttle, why did you take your back blinkers off? The only reason I ask is the one I bought yesterday also had its taken off and I had to put some on it from my junk bike. Is that like what cool people do? I wouldn't know.

i know im going to hell for asking this, but if its and e50 why dont ya just open it up and replace the bearings?

Jason Luther /

im not saying break the bolts. loosen the nuts off, remove the head. then rotate the engine (backwards if necessary) until it bottoms out, then gently pry the cylinder off. then hone it out. come on....do it

Yeah, if it isn't moving smoother by tamary, I'm pulling it apart. Problem being no one ever taught me how to hone. I'll figure it out I'm sure.

Jason Luther /

start by using the search button, and then go to your local auto parts store and buy a brake cylinder hone (make sure there arent any major scratches in your cylinder first, and your piston is still intact) and hone 'er out

Cut a small piece of 2x4 so it fir inside the cylinder and against the piston. Gently pound the petunias out of it.. this after soaking it in PB Blaster/WD 40/ Uncle Zeke's Wonder Juice/etc..

If you do disassemble it, disconnect the back end of the conrod so you have that and the cylinder/piston sperate from everything else. Take it to someone with a shop press and ask them to gently press the piston out of the cylinder. Gently with 24 tons of force, the way nature intended.

Before you spend all the money going to all the trouble of tryingto get it out.....try a torch. If the motor is seized then the rust between the head and the cylinder is acting as the agent. You need an counteragent to break it free, heating up the head and piston will allow the head to expand and the rust to burn away. The mubricants will be highly flamable so I would wipe away any excess then try it in three of four minute increments. In between try breaking it free again. The end result should be the piston comes out in two or three small lurches then just falls out........

I had to do alot during Desert Storm on abandoned vehicles to get them apart so we could rebuild them. If it doesnt work, which is possible then check into the cost of buyingthe honing kit and the tools you'll need and then research buying a anew head and piston.....it might be cheaper and less time consuming........

hope it helps.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account