Kitted Puch.. What Do I Use For A Speedometer

Really hate to ruin my original 30MPH speedometer now that my Magnum is pushing 45 mph.

Where can I find or what should I use that will register a higher MPH than 30 MPH?

Suggestions?????

Thanks.

Re: Kitted Puch.. What Do I Use For A Speedometer

There might be a cyclometer out there that would work... Cateye et al. Check tire sizes. Neat other functions as well.

yea you can get bike speedos (and theyre odometers and all sorts of other stuff... like 17 functions) at any bike shop for like <20. or commit sin and get a 7 dollar one at walmart :(

gps then we will actually trust it. its a wonder what those 3 letters will do to all the snotty remarks about how u didn't hit that

speedometer=waste of money.

Yeah I got a garmin etrex and it mounts right to the bars and gives you the power of gps

lick your finger, then accelerate. if gets colder each time, then you're going faster.

maybe one of the moped places online will have an option...

try quarterkick or 1977s

Wouldn't the term "accelerate" imply increased speed? ;-)

I want mobile doppler. And rockets. I have every known Auto Meter gauge in my '67 Mustang known to man. Well close. It's all in good fun. =)

there are 40mph VDO puch speedos if you look around, but i peg that too. cyclometer ftw on the cheap, gps for accuracy.

speedo from a sears sabre, uses same cable, but goes to 80mph and is very accurate and hiigher quality

GPS or bust.

Cheap used Garmin eTrex GPS, yellow version off ebay. GPS is the only way to go. Peace. Jerry.

That sounds easy to find Chadwick...

actually Jason, if memory serves me accelerating just means changing your velocity. meaning if you stay at the same speed, but turn to change direction you are still accelerating.

Bruce Edwards /

The best way to go IMO is the Trailtech Vapor units since they have a sensor for head temp also. Only $99. http://trailtech.net/motorcycle_vapor_kits.html

True, you don't need a speedometer on a moped every day. I don't have one on my '08 Sprint, I used GPS to find out what it's top speed was after installing a pipe, air filter, and rejetting, and will again when I regear it, but once I know how fast it will go at WOT, that's all I need to know. Peace. Jerry.

If you pry the speedo apart you can reposition the needle on the spindel straight down. Then move the needle towards zero and up and over the needle zero stop. This preloads the needle return spring. You can then either figure 20 really means 35 or put different numbers on it after riding next to a car or whatever to calibrate it

Serge Prokofievadactyl /

This past weekend I did a speed test with a GPS and hit 64.7mph, but my bike only does about 45.

I know it is probably the most reliable speedometer, but GPS, like anything else, can be wrong.

what did you do to your magnum?

If you go the bicycle speedometer route, dont get the wireless kind. Unshielded sparkplug wires wreak havoc on them. The one I tried works fine if I'm pedaling around but as soon as i fire the bike up it wont work.

Good to know!

I did a 65cc Metrakit, 16mm Dellorto carb and Intake, High Flow Filter, Maxi Head, and Estoril Exhaust. She screams now!

60mph vdo speedo ftw

« Go to Topic — end of thread