oh no! i think i bought a noped

eh... whatever. I was just excited on getting a new 2008 tomos sprint. The saddest thing is this guy wasn't selling mopeds with pedals. So I got a tomos sprint. I heard you can buy fairly cheap (little over 100) pedal kits for the kick start A55's. Its nice I never knew mopeds had titles, like actuall pinks. Or Manuals that you didnt have to print off a website. The thing only had 2.7 miles on the odometer! HA... I was pretty stoked.

I've been lookin on the site and is there any way i can make it go a little over thirty it only goes a little over 25 im guessing messing with the fuel filter. opening that up. I really want to keep this one looking pretty stock. Maybe buy an after market pipe and pedal kit is my only concerns of buying new stuff. I just wanted to know if there is a way i can do something to it to make it go a tiny bit faster?

THANKS FOR LISTENING...

-Mary

Re: oh no! i think i bought a noped

for fairly cheap, you can buy a 22 tooth rear sprocket, instead of running the stock 28. That will bump you to around 35. If you take off the airbox and replace it with a UNI filter, and upjet accordingly, you'll be looking at around 40. if you can do the work yourself, you'll be spending under $100.

change you sprockets its cheap and easy.

sweet shit i didnt even think to check the sprocket and i thought the air filter restricted it a bit. I'm use to my 91 sprint which has a biturbo and upjeted carb with no airfilter and that thing flies...

Thanks... I'm still sad about the no pedals but i do like that i have been the only owner

-Mary

yeah, the older sprints already had the smaller sprocket. the newer Tomos are just so damn fast that they had to add another restriction to slow them down enough to legally be mopeds. And so, you get this wacky 28 tooth sprocket. the pipes on the A55 are REALLY restricted too, but changing them out does void the warranty, if that's something you're worried about. But a biturbo or something will bump your speed up quite a bit.

dude, just keep your stock parts and put them all back on if anything breaks

yeah... i dont know if i have the cash to spend on a new pipe quite yet i mean i did fork out 1200 dollars for this thing... i couldnt talk the guy down plus he runs a shop so im not going to totally fuck him. I know how to do most of the work on my older tomos... i jsut never had a new ped... or one with a airbox/fuel filter. I always striped them down cuz i thought it looked better and easier to work on. I am defineately taking off that air box and i know i have a 22 tooth in my car that i bought for my 91 finding out it already had one. so thats cool to know it had a 28.

I dont know if ill buy a biturbo when i get the money. I know they have after market pipes that look like the stock one. so I might buy one of those if i hear that its any good.

Thanks alot again man. I do love the new bike just want it a little faster so i dont get ran over. This is my only bike i want pretty much stock and not kitted... well i do want that airfilter off now and that sprocket on and a pipe.... OH and i do want to make it a TRUE ped with pedals not pegs... its actually really uncomfortable and odd feeling having pegs and not pedals...

-Mary

hell yeah... even though i live on a ship and when inport out of my car... I keep all my stock moped shits... and all my extra parts... you never know when you need them... i keep most of them in my trunk but with beer and clothing storage my 4 door alero is now becoming a two seat car... ha... i just keep so much shit in my back seat i should re organize or rent a small storage thing...

-Mary

ps THANKS for everyone who posted

I have an '08 Sprint, paid $1121.95 for it, including state sales tax. Mine has pedals. As far as I know, there is no practical or inexpensive way of converting a peg model to pedals, they are completely different transmissions. It would cost several hundred dollars worth of parts to do it. I have a Biturbo, a Unifilter, and rejetted carb, still have stock gearing. I get a top speed of 37 mph by GPS. I will be replacing the sprocket with the 22 tooth soon, hopefully that will give me a solid 40 mph, which is all I want or need. I hope where you live doesn't require pedals to register as a moped, unless you have a motorcycle license. A Tomos with pegs is legally a motorcycle in my state. Peace. Jerry.

nah being military the state im in and in my home state you dont need pedals... Virginia and im not 100% sure about ohio now come to think of it virginia you dont need to even plate the thing. BUT... i guess i can get use to the pedals now that you told me its expensive. Sad... oh well... yeah ill be turning in my sprocket soon and getting a uni filter as soon as i can find one. Probably riding for a while with out a filter just the side covers... If i cant find that other nifty pipe that looks stock i think ill purchase a biturbo it did WONDERS for my A35... But thanks jerry for the info... i know you love your tomos' and know your shit...

-Mary

Leon Swarmer /

don't ride so fast you forget the break in period..it really makes a diference in the long run.

« Go to Topic — end of thread