1982 Peugeot 103

Hey everyone,

I just purchased a rather run down 1982 Peugeot 103. I'm going to be putting a lot of time into making it pristine. Thus, I'm in need of some sort of dealer who deals parts for this model.

What I'm needing:

-Carb Air intake Manifold including a new air filter

-Carb idle/throttle threaded gasket (The top part where the throttle attaches to the carb)

-Throttle assembly w/break lever

-Headlight/taillight

-Brake shoes front and back

-Speedometer and speedometer cable

-Side covers, preferrably white

and probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of right now.

And if anyone know where I can get a long seat for it, that would be great too.

thanks!

-Dabney

Re: 1982 Peugeot 103

I hope it runs and if not i hope it has the 5 coil or else have fun

make sure you replace the electrical in the magneto. get an external condenser from kragen. tell them you want one from a 1977 VW beetle, it should only be $9. you'll also need to replace the points and coil. you can get those from benji (http://myworld.ebay.com/treatshq/), or I have 3 or 4 sets of points. the coil has a built in ground so when your headlight or tail light dies your bike will still run, unlike the stock coil when a light dies your whole bike dies. those 3 parts will solve the notorious peugeot problem and it's a total of like $30. fuck a CDI.

Thanks, But the Moped runs, actually, and the electrical works fine. It only has 1400 miles on it, it's just having extreme air problems because of all the missing or broken carb parts. And the fact that it has a rigged throttle cable.

Again, If anyone knows WHERE I can get parts for this (aside from ebay, of course), that would be great. I already know what parts I need.

Thanks

I have a gurtner carb here, with an airbox, but I'm not sure if the airbox would fit the 103, as I think it's for a 102. Same carb though. I'd seel it to ya for $20.

yeah my bike only had 1600 miles on it. but then again its a 1977. its just a good idea to replace them because they're such old machines. when your bike runs fine for 10 minutes then starts sputtering and losing power that's when you know the electrical has gone bad.

which carb parts are you looking for? are you keeping it stock? if so I have a couple gurtners.

Crap I shoulda read that better. I also have brakes, and maybe the throttle assembly as well. Let me go look today, as I need to go and look for alot of stuff today for people. It's across town. I'll snap some shots, and be back later.

I think I got an air filter inside the air box that I'd think might fit if you got your airbox. I do have an intake manifold, and I think I have that piece you are talking about on top the carb.

I will go with a list, so I can snap what I think I have.

I'll check back in at least by this evening with information on that for you. I may even have lights, but I'm not sure. I also have blue side covers, but at least one was broken once, but glued back together.

Anyway, I'll do some investigating and let ya know.

---_DeeZy_

Here's my email:

dabney.morris@gmail.com

drop me a line and let me know what all you have.

Thanks!

I will!

I am sorry that I didn't make it there today for you. I was sure I would, but I got tied up working on my parents' hot tub all day.

I should be able to get it done tomorrow. I was frantic pissed off, as I got home, since I still need MORE parts for their tub, and realized I ran out of time to mess with those parts today.

I hope I can help you out!

Don't know about the parts, but the Peugeot 103 is a great moped. I bought one brand new, a long time ago. Peace. Jerry.

« Go to Topic — end of thread