Anyone ever seen red/reddish brown 2 stroke oil?

Ok, heres the deal. Yesterday I bought 2 new bikes, woot. Anyway, the fa50 has oil injection and when I went to check the oil level after I got it home I stuck a funnel down in there and saw it was almost full. I was like straight, then I pulled out the funnel and the bottom of it had like this reddish brown oil on it. It felt pretty thin, and I'm thinking the previous owner but autotrans fluid in the 2stoke tank. Anyone ever heard of a 2cycle oil that color? I haven't so I think i am going to find some way to either drain it or siphon or pump it out and replace it with my own shit. So, A is there red/brown 2 stroke oil and B is there a way to drain the oil tank on an 81 fa50? Thanks yall.

Re: Anyone ever seen red/reddish brown 2 stroke oi

Marvel Mystery oil is red and can be used for injection, very good stuff. I'm not sure if that's the oil you have but I know the Marvel stuff is red for sure. If you're in doubt drain it and fill up with your own stuff. Mose of the 2-stroke lube I've used is blue or purple

Motul is red.

power punch is red

not at all like fruit punch.

motul is red or yellow with double the esters

Cleats Onionpockets /

Quaker state is green...

Mobil1 2t Racing is red

yes i have seen some red 2 stroke oil in fact thats what i am running and if u think that its not the right junk the oil injector is to the left of the carb (as u r sitting on it) on the transmission its a little thing with tubesd coming out pull one if oil comes out thats your oil injector

John Joedicke /

Redline is redish brown.

If you don't know what it is, drain it out and put your own stuff in there.

Drain the lines also. But when you re-fill, be sure to prime the lines.

Anyone ever seen red/reddish brown 2 stroke oil?

amsoil sythetic is red also.

Marvel

Chris Slamminson #116 /

Marvel smells like wintergreen, it's very distinct.

Re: Marvel

Thanks yall. The bike belonged to like a middleaged upstander but was being ridden by his twelve year old son. I'm just gonna call the dude, I got his bizniz card and unless he can tell me the specific brand, I'm draining that shit. I was just think I've seen like green blue and purple, and clear, but thats it.

i saw red outboard 2 stroke oil today. i was putting in my ped.

i dunno its up for debate, but 2-stoke oil is 2 stroke oil.

yup thats what i run the cheapest 2 stroke from auto zone

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account