Re: mopeds are invisible?!?!

JunkyardDog /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Almost the same thing happened to me several years ago, while riding my Ninja up in the mountains. There were a lot of very tight curves, where you couldn't see very far ahead of you, I was in the inside lane, going up the mountain, when all of a sudden a huge motorhome appeared right in front of me, in my lane. There was no room to go around him on the mountain side, so I swerved over into the opposite lane, missing him by a few inches. I crossed the opposite lane, and got off in the gravel, at the top of a 300' cliff. I low sided in the gravel, just inches from the cliff. I was not injured, the fairing and the exhaust on the left side of the bike had a few scratches. I layed there shaking for a minute or so, then got really mad, got up, got back on the bike, and headed after this idiot. I caught up to him, and followed him the rest of the way down the mountain, blowing my horn the whole way. He never slowed down. When the road finally straightened out enough to pass, I went flying by him, still blowing the horn. I got a couple of miles ahead of him, pulled over and parked, got off the bike, and stood beside the road. I flipped him off as he passed, and he never even looked at me. I guess I probably should have followed him a while longer, but didn't, I just got back on my bike and rode off. Peace. Jerry.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account