mopeds are invisible?!?!

daveysaves /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

of course not. that would require all sorts of technology that we dont have. it would be cool though.

Athens: its a small town in north georgia, about an hour from atlanta. there are some pretty sweet rides to be had, unfortunately there are alot of hills and blind corners, not to mention the increasingly annoying drunk sorority girl in mustang population. for the most part though, it rules.

on tuesday, may 27th, at about 11 am, i decided it was time to go get some coffee. so i hopped on my moby said hi to the neighbor with the bike shop and happily rode off towards downtown. i have always ridden with a "they're all trying to kill you attitude", and i try to be as safe as possible, but what the fuck. i'm coming around a corner and there is this fucking garbage truck who all of a sudden decides he wants to cut the same corner on my side of the road. nothing i could do. it was either run into him head on, or take a dive. of course, i chose the latter. i escaped with a scraped up hand and arm, two sore wrists, and a fucked up pair of jeans. my moby got away okay too, for the most part. fucked up the crank arm so its scraping against the variator, somehow ripped off the front brake cable completely (i have no idea how), bent up the front fender, and scraped up my ninja g2 exhaust. pissed.

i guess the whole point of this is, no matter how safe you are, there is always some douchebag in a garbage truck that wants to see you dead. be careful, for serious.

-davey

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account