Re: O/T New Mexico Peoples

chrishmaiel /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've Lived in Santa Fe a long time now. I don't make it to ABQ as much as I'd like, but I think I saw some posts from some guys calling themselves the "Members Only" moped crew.

Mopeds are rare. Rare, Like, they almost don't exist. I've got a couple of people psyched on the idea... but they haven't found a bike yet.

THE GOOD:

Some of the best fucking sunsets ever. A lot of people say they live here because of them.

Great weather (long spring and fall make for sweet summers)

AWESOME food (I've missed green chile soooo much when I've been gone more than a month)

Lots of local culture (which is pretty bizarre during fiestas, we burn a 60ft. tall efigy named Zozobra, for real)

Not too hard to find work if you do restaurant stuff

THE BAD:

THE TOURISTS (comprised of vacationing grandparents mostly - nothing against Gramps, but you try being 23 and living in a retirement community)

No good bars (not really anyway)

City / Social Politics (The social scene here is SMALL. Six months here and you'll know everyone)

Don't get me wrong, I love it here, just being honest.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account