Re: Night Riding - Reflectors?

Oh, now that I think about it, I think they did come with other mounting hardware. I'm pretty sure there was a thing to let you mount it to your seat post or another round bar-like part. But don't quote me on that.

Bradley Sanderson /

Nice picture, Linda. I can see using the red one, but not the white one. I'll take a look at what else Amazon sells in the Planet Bike brand. Thanks for your help.

My bike, with black reflective tape on the box and white on the forks. First, a daytime shot (attached)

1212114826_img_0004.jpg

Here's the same bike from the same distance in the dead of night, photographed with a flash.

The black tape is from 3M, the white was a little extra that arrived with the black. It's got a honeycomb pattern on it, but didn't have a brand name printed anywhere on it. You can see that the white is somewhat more reflective as you'd expect. I'll probably add a little more of it at some point. A tasteful pin-stripe here or there..

1212115155_img_0003.jpg

Night Riding - Reflectors?

***Kim Jong illest*** /

DUDE! i used to live in vegas. a moped rally is the worst idea ever. half the bikes would get stolen, the other half would be crushed by drunk drivers. ol' boy here has balls that CLANK for riding a moped in vegas. seriously though, vegas moped rally=all dead. especially the brave "blockers". yep all dead.

Bradley Sanderson /

You're view of this is seriously flawed. The heavy stop and go traffic of the strip on a Saturday night combined with the pleasant evening temperatures would be perfect for a rally. It may even draw local news coverage if sufficient in volume, especially in light of spiking gas prices and a corresponding slow down in tourism.

Bradley Sanderson /

You've really made my choice an easy one between white and black. I now also plan on buying from eBay and striping the sides of my ride with black reflective tape since my ride is black. Thank you very much for your pics and help.

Here the seller I got the tape from - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZminivariety $5.72 for 2 2x18" black strips from 3M, plus a white strip that's about 1x10. That's including the shipping charge.

There are quite a few others though, if he hasn't got what you're looking for.

Bradley Sanderson /

Yes, that's the black tape I plan on buying. Thanks again for your help.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account