New Moped Gang in S Florida

Alrighty.. There seem to be no Mopedians within 200 miles or so of me. There I am.. out riding on my own, alone in the wilderness.

But that's ok.

Not being one to let things get in my way, I've decided to start my own gang. After an official meeting of all members, I've been appointed Chairman, Treasurer, Chief Engineer, Dictator For Life and Double-Naught Spy.

Not only a name, but a logo have been chosen this fine day -

What's really neat about all this, is since I'm appropriating the name from a semi-obscure old TV show, I get, at no extra charge, one of the best TV theme songs ever, and certainly the best moped gang theme song ever. Here'tis -

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Construction of the Moonbase will begin immediately after a sufficient number of girls with purple wigs are drafted into service. In the meantime, beware of the space aliens.. after all, it is now the future. Welcome to the world of 1980!!

Re: New Moped Gang in S Florida

It's like X-Com. that game ruled.

i love how they have conquered space...

and still manage to bust out text on a typewriter.

1980!

Word up me and my bro here in Bonita springs wanna start up a group.

That make me think of Thunderbirds. And Captain Scarlet. The Mysterons would be a good moped gang name.

dude, true that about the theme song. You made the right choice.

UFO was made by Gerry Anderson, who also did Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds

Whens the first rally I need to get my drink on.

Where are you guy's at!!

The correct word would be "guy"

Ro_Man...You would be a great halfway point for a Keys trip...

George Smith /

I'm in Homestead like 130 miles south of you....I used to live in W.P.B and in Wellington...

I'm in fabulous Palm Beach County, but I'm a-thinking... Maybe we, the few and scattered, could suggest to the Orlando group that they host a rally for those of us to the North and South of them.. get the whole state together for some mopedical mischief. That would be about 20 people total I suppose. That would make Kalamazoo's 200 person rally look ten times as big! Orlando would be close enough to some for them to ride their bikes in, and you're never far from an Interstate in Florida, so those who'd need to truck their's in could get there without much trouble.

There'a that group in Jacksonville, and someone over around Sarasota, probably others here and there. Orlando is right in the middle of it all... but will the Suicycles host? Will they live long enough to? Is there another 3 day weekend coming up? If so, when?

King Drunky JCams /

You aren't the only mopedder in South FL... I live in Port St. Lucie. I ride solo daily. Been on this site frequently since 05. For some reason mopeds are rare in South FL, which is strange, because this is paradise for mopeds... you can ride year-round no problem.

A couple of my friends have mopeds, but we don't ride in a group too much...

I'm down to ride in South FL.

Name the time and place.

Justin

Homestead to Key West is sounding good.

Jon and I discussed the idea of Orlando hosting a rally just the other night. The way I figure it being that this town is so damn congested that the logistics of a nationwide rally would be a nightmare not to mention the crazy drivers. More enjoyment would probably be had in a smaller more isolated setting.

As far as a "Florida people" rally...definite possibility

And the Suicycles as a group haven't existed for a while...there are a few of the former members still around.

George Smith /

Long ass haul homestead to keywest, well over 100miles...

When is Tampa going to have a gang!?

Since there's so few of us why not have a statewide gang?

as a part time floridian (athens, ga. and orlando, fl.) i think that is an amazing idea. or i guess half of me does.

State meets in different locations would be fun. My question is what city in FL is the most Moped Friendly. I cruise around here in Melbourne on my little 50cc honda express and there are some backroads, but like most places in FL, it's not the safest place to ride. Anyway, just wondering what city you all think is the most moped firendly. JAX beach is a good place. Any other small beach towns out there with out much traffic? A nice coastal town with a million 25mph roads with a bunch of bars/restruants/parks would be fun to invade. How is the S. FL / Miami area for scootin' around? Little too much traffic here in Mel-B. + I like the name and the 70s theme for the S. FL gang. What's a good name for a florida gang? FLOPEDS?

1212677776_fat_twinscycle2.jpg

Seth,

I'm down the road at Patrick AFB. We should ride sometime.

Oh shits! I grew up in Wellington. Spent all of the 80's there as a kid.

Old School Brent /

There is always an open invitation, in Inverness, to ride.(Turnpike and I-75 exit 329 west to first town) Nice country roads, very mild hills, and plenty of scenery,animals, and those Usual Suspects, are very hospitable! We are willing to host another ride, or drive to where ever you all choose. Just keep me in the loop as to where, and when! Thanks, Brent

If you want peace and quiet in this state it's either west coast or panhandle...then again the panhandle might as well be Georgia.

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

I destroys all of Florida.

« Go to Topic — end of thread