to guy filming in the middle of the pack at Kzoo

Also saw you doing this in Elkhart too...

I think you are Tom B from Chicago if i recall...

Please don't do this anymore.

We appreciate you getting the entire 4 day moped rally on film, but standing directly in the middle of the lane while 200+ tightly packed mopeds traveling at 30 mph try to avoid you is probably the worst idea ever. I can't believe how many close accident calls i saw caused by you.

I hear nothing but complaints about this action and myself and everyone else i'm sure would totally appreciate it if you just stopped doing it.

Consider yourself lucky that you haven't caused an accident yet.

Re: to guy filming in the middle of the pack at Kz

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Yeah, I almost hit this dude. I thought he dropped something and was running into the pack to pick it up. Which was a stupid idea. Then I saw that he was filming shit, which is an even worse idea...

agreed, you really came out of nowhere everytime. no hard feelings just not worth the risk.

Ben Van Zoest /

Let's see Tom B.'s swarmers movie soon.

I saw him but was way outside. At least let's see the video. Link!!

yeah post it so we can see everyones "oh shit, there's a guy standing in the middle of the road" face.

keep up the good work

toe fur threadkiller /

i'm gonna buy tom a giant orange flag that he must always wear duct taped to his back.

kind of like those safety flags that crazy old people put on their bicycles.

im for more orange. make sure you have some flares or something too. i never had problems... people should be paying attention.

yeah, this is rad, but it needs to be done properly with like, some signs and shit. maybe coordinate with the hosting branch so you can blast way out and have 2 or three minutes to set up a bunch of flags and cones and stuff.

I got a totally rad hi-five whilst riding from that guy...and then like an hour later I almost ran right into his face when I was behind somebody and didn't see him.

get the fuck outta the road.

seriously i almost killed you and myself.

its a fucking dumb thing to do

John Hannibal Smith /

OMG does that dude have a death wish?That was just plain dumb. If he didnt get laid out by one of the mopeds he will cause one hell of an accident and end up getting his ass kicked by some pissed off mopeders whos bikes got fucked up by his little stunt.

if it was planned better as in you knew he was there wouldnt that be fine? going around him shouldnt be difficult, but coming out of nowhere is kinda a bad deal..

toe fur threadkiller /

at elkhart, when he decided that he was gonna get off his bike and film, as opposed to being on the side of the road, he kind of spread word that he was going to before the ride even started.

maybe the memo was just missed? maybe he should advertise better? and use some "caution! wet floor!" signs?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Heh, Jill borrowed my flight jacket for riding back from Punks, but turned it inside out "for saftey!" The inner lining is orange. I lol'ed.

I want to see the footage, then I'll decide if this is a good idea. Besides, what better way to end a clip about mopeds than with a 40mph head on moped crash into the camera?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I'm sure the video looks awesome. I really want to see what I look like when I'm about to hit a pedestrian head on at 35mph.

It would be fine if people were told "Hey, there's gonna be some dude in the middle of the lane in like 1 mile." But we weren't, and it was scary.

i watched in horror as our baby buffalo almost wrecked because this guy was running around in the middle of the pack ater he realized that it was a bad idea. i am all for rad videos of people having fun...i am against videos of my friends getting injured while running your ass over.

if dylan would have gotten hurt, i would have politely stopped my bike to stomp your face in...and NOT have given you a fucking bandaid.

I doubt the videos are even going to be that rad. Mopeds riding down the street? Snorezville.

35 kpm

Side of the road would be much better.

I believe I have found advantage number 2 of being slower than molasses.

dangerous.

Don't ride up everyone's asses all the time and look more than five feet ahead of you and you'll be fine. I saw him in the road about a block before I even got to him.

I didn't have a problem moving to the side a few feet. He waved his hands and such.

I wanna see that footage.

stupid.

Tom's a rad dude. I can see many of the safety concerns posted, however I have to agree that everyone should be paying attention and be defensive riders.

KELLY!!! Help Tom link and edit that shit!!! I'm sure it's cool as hell.

having not been there i dont know, but it shouldnt be too hard not to hit things and people. esp in a pack. if you cant then you need to practice riding or back off from everyone else.

this time it was a guy there intentional, ok, but what about when shit falls off peoples bikes or there are wrecks, which are pretty assured occurrences at a rally, cant you ride well enough to avoid the actual dangers?

bet the footage will be sick.

the only problem i see is trying to run across the stream. if he was there first or ran in during a break in the pack and just stood still where everyone can split around him it would be rad.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

I will help edit and link. I just want to see some footage (since I couldn't go...sigh).

_this time it was a guy there intentional, ok, but what about when shit falls off peoples bikes or there are wrecks, which are pretty assured occurrences at a rally, cant you ride well enough to avoid the actual dangers?_

The point is that this dude was knowingly creating a danger. And for those who weren't there and are still stating your awesome opinions, let me draw it out for you. This guy was about the same height standing and was everyone on their mopeds, ie- he totally blended in and was scary as hell when you came up to him going 40 mph.