Weight limit for mopeds?

What's the highest weight you've successfully ridden your moped with?

200lbs?

250lbs?

Re: Weight limit for mopeds?

'93 Tomos A35, around 210lbs or thereabouts.

77 malaguti commuter, ~330lbs. (two people)

That's great! What's the engine size?

250 lbs. It's just tougher at the low end. You use your're weight advantage to drive the pedals and coupled with the trottle, you get up to speed fairly fast. My four-stroke will not come off the line quickly, but will get me to about 45 on level ground. Two stroke seems to be kinder at the low end.

-- The Fat Oldcodger

and what kind of speed did you get out of it with that kind of load?

about 275 with two people on a 01 Targa lx

and about the same on a 77 Pinto. that was fun. and terrifying.

Thank you very much (I'm a fat young codger).

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

2 peeps (about 300lbs) on a Derbi variant with a modded estoril. Variated bikes are definately kinder to more weigh.

I'm a fat bastard (240) and my new old PA50II didn't seem to mind.

Perfect! That's what I'm going to test drive on Thursday!

John Hannibal Smith /

Well my thanks to all the burger joints in this tourist trap town my fatass is up to 195 pounds,If i gain any more weight im not gonna risk riding them and fucking something up.

kim jensen /

Wife and I on the Grande, about 325 lbs for about six blocks!

kbj

Weight limit for mopeds?

Shit. Im a 315lb powerlifter and I rode my Hero 175 miles in one day with a ten pound Kryptonite chain around my neck mr. T Style.

I cant for the life of me figure out why my clutch went out?

If you're referring to the PA50II, it wasn't even in great shape (needs carb cleaned, etc) and it did 50km/h (30mph) no problem. I only slowed down because I didn't want to attract any attention riding an uninsured motor vehicle with no helmet on a public road.

Hahaha SWEET!

This is the PA50 II I'm looking at...

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

280 on a ripping moby. 1 person, MYSELF! just today, 400 2 people.

My Sachs is rated for 280lbs, but I don't weight nearly that much and there's no rides. :-)

well my honda express has a 180lb weight limit i weigh 230lb and theres probably another 20 or so lb in my bags it still goes

Richard Woodford /

The last time I rode my ped I weighed 240 and had no problems. and no this isn't me:)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Alas, poor Jared. Some branch ought to recruit him.

me and my girl are 205 together.... and we rip on my 08 tomos sprint.

im 120 myself, and can easily get to 40 on the flats with a biturbo, sproket, and unipod +upjet. together we can still hit 40, but have a problem on big hills if we dont have momentum.

Weight limit for mopeds?

I had well over 400 pounds on my custom built bike, I am 210 and the other guy(sorry I forgot your name) was at least as big as me. The tire rubbed the frame most of the way.

« Go to Topic — end of thread