Yamaha 1980 QT50

I'm looking at buying one of these, asking price is $200.

Seller says it runs, but needs a new battery.

Is it worth $200?

Thanks in advance!

Yamaha 1980 QT50

they're fun bikes; mine goes about 28 stock with my giant ass on it. i got a new battery for about six bucks when i got it. having owned one, i'd probably pay $200 for one in good condition.

Re: Yamaha 1980 QT50

Oh fer sherz. I got mine for like a hundee and a quarter, but it was a suspect runner at the time. I just put a coil in it and now it runs too fast, i.e. races or peters out, no in between. But yes, get it, talk him down if at all possible, and as long as you can legally ride it, buy it. They are fun little machines, just be ready to put like 1.50 in the tank every other day. They don't hold much.

That's not bad for a good yamahopper. Yamaha still has parts for themas their fairly current pw50 uses the same drive train. Cheap to maintain and reliable as well. I had to rebuild the top end on mine. I honed the cylinder, sanded the scoring on the piston and installed new rings. The thing runs like new and has nice pickup for being a non-variated 1speed. Just don't buy parts on eBay before you check your local dealer. You'd be surprised at how cheap they are and what they have in stock.

lots of torque, fun bike. id definitelu buy one for $200...if i couldnt ride my girlfriend's QT50 whenever i want anyway...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account