Moped Press in Reno

Hey everyone,

Reno's moped group has been offered some press from the local free news paper "The Reno News and Review". We were just looking to get some info on other cities experiences that have been featured in the press for their local moped scenes. As a group, we've come up with pros and cons for doing this, but we would like to see how the press has faired for other places as well.

Re: Moped Press in Reno

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

speaking on behalf of the landsquids, we have taken the creatures lead and participate in a full media blackout. the landsquids did take part in a newspaper piece early on but it only brought about a retarded beef with the scooter guys in town. the article was pretty one dimensional gas prices blah blah blah... however it would be duly noted that landsquid andrew was caught by his beloved mother for both a) smoking and b) having a tatto .

perhaps im bitter cause the only picture they used of me i was donning a full face helmet.

when are you dudez gonna race the mccarren loop? i want to do that, so make it happen...n'stuff.

dude, i want in on the mccarren loop race. ciaociao and i will burnout wheelie the whole race and win by at least a half hour.

eff the media.

YAY! Reno rally spoiler...McCarren loop!

Now back to the "pressing" issue at hand.

F the McCarren Loop, I say we race from Virginia City to Reno!

no more moped press stories?

pro- people know who you are

con- you don't know who those people are

we've turned down an incredible amount of offers lately

Any particular reason you are turning them down Brendan?

well, for one, we do not ever participate in some illegal activites every once in a awhile on a regular basis, and the general public and city officials would find that extremely boring to read.

haha, you guys are just a bunch of law abiding citizens ehhhh? Sure you are ;)

that and we're lazy as well

mostly, neither good nor bad things usually come from it so why do it at all? we attract enough attention as it is.

'ere 'tis:

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/Content?oid=680493

(Author & Tomas not pictured)

nice doods

no groms no blasters /

_we have taken the creatures lead and participate in a full media blackout._

"We're the Creatures from San Francisco, and we want revolution, moped-style, now!"

or:

I'm so sorry that I'm alienating some of you.

Your whole fucking freeway alienates me.

I can't scream in pain down here beneath your wheels

I'm so sorry that my exhaust stinks!

Cage boy... don't laugh... don't cry... just die!

no groms no blasters /

at least I make myself laugh.

"...As with much analysis by the mass media, the mainstream take on riot grrrl was flawed. At the time, coverage was hindered by the fact that many women involved in riot grrrl declined to speak to the media; by the fall of 1992, a "media blackout" had been declared."

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account