anyone else have prbls with Sprta moped on Ebay?

John Hannibal Smith /

I just recieved some parts from Sparta moped a seller on Ebay and I was disssapointed. The air cleaner box and filter that he claimed was new Wasn't.The box was all scratched up and the filter was all dirty and reeking of Oil. He did however send me a parts manual free of charge.Has anybody else on moped army ever have problems with this seller and what should I do???

Re: anyone else have prbls with Sprta moped on Eba

I did a buy it now for a set of sidecovers that were just adveritized as sidecovers, but they are dead mint. Crazy mint, like never been on a bike mint ( he reportedly took them off of every bike he ran )

Seems like his pricing is kinda all over the place, but whatever, its his stuff, we dont have to buy it. he has a sachs flywheel cover for like 18 bucks or something crazy.

Id check your item decription very well and make sure that you didnt acutally order a used one, then if you didnt contact him nicely by mail and try to resolve it.

yeah this guys a prick. I picked up a NOS fender and he didn't include the black bracket that mounts the fender to the bike. I emailed him to ask if i could get that for shipping costs, and he said he could do so with $18 plus shipping. I told him that was sort of slimey because that part is useless without the black fender guider thing. His response email was, "Don't email me again, asshole."

so yeah, fuck that guy.

John Hannibal Smith /

Andrew it said new in the Ebay auction and they ended up being used.It's kind of Funny that you had the oppisite problem as me.I think we came to an agreement Ill just be more cautious next time.

John Hannibal Smith /

Erin I guess Im fucked because hes the only person on ebay with Foxi parts,not only that I dont know what to give him as a feedback and keep him selling me parts.

well, here's the thing, he cannot tell who left him what feedback.

So, if you feel that he hasnt corrected anything and he stung you with parts that are inaccurately represenative, i would do 2 things , Leave negative feedback

When you do this do it in a professional and objective manner such as

"parts shipped were not parts adverised as new. Attempts to resolve this by communication not helpful - beware "

then id file and ebay dispute against him, if he sold ya an old crappy air box as new

can you link us to the auction ( even the closed one so we can see what it looked like ?)

word. i have a feeling this was your error and not his. he seems to know the difference between NOS and used. My fender was definitely as described.

Wait, are you sure he can't tell who left him feedback? I don't sell things but as a buyer, I can see who said what about me.

He can easily see who left negative feedback for him. With the new feedback structure in place though, isn't it almost impossible for him to leave negative feedback for the buyer?

Ebay prompts you sometimes to tell you that the seller cant see who left it but also cant leave a buyer negative feedback.

Id just clean that box out and then take the filter off and give it a good bath in carb cleaner, let it dry and call it a day.

That guys auctions can be confusing, cause when you look tru much of his stuff is labled NOS, other as new, and like i said in my case it just said sidecovers, and they were mint.

Just make sure ya find out what it is you bid on by checking the auction again before you complain about it being listed as new when it wasnt.

wow! total ass!

John Hannibal Smith /

Heres the link to the Ebay auction notice how it says condition:new

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=190220822845&_trksid=p3907.m32

And heres the picture of what I recieved,well the box anways,Ill make another entry on this thread so you all can see the so called new filter.

1211927075_000_0739.jpg

John Hannibal Smith /

Heres the picure of the Filter,Does this look new to any of you guys???

1211927310_000_0744.jpg

not at all, but in the ebay auction, the photo provided definitely shows a housing that looks anything but new.

I don't even know why he shipped that filter. That thing should have been thrown out a long, long time ago.

John Hannibal Smith /

the air cleaner and housing that it sits in aint new but the part that screws into the side of the carb where the little choke lever is is new.

John Hannibal Smith /

yeah no shit,he screwed me royally Im afraid to order anything else from this guy but I need a kickstand real bad.

Yeah that in my opinion is a little more than a bit hokey. That auction says 3 pieces and "new" one of those pieces is new, the other 2 are not.

I looked at that acution too , and i thought it was a new airbox and filter.

I wouldnt do anything or get all wound up about it, id just order your kickstand and whatever you need then leave him feeback.

Always remember that feedback like "you a dickhead" ( which he may or may not be ) makes you look like an idiot.

Item not as decribed, sold as new, not all parts were new

or something like that looks fine to me

John Hannibal Smith /

should i leave him a neative or nuteral?im afraid if i leave him a negative he wont do business with me again.

John Hannibal Smith /

Andrew help me out here man.

kim jensen /

He has one of the lowest seller ratings I have seen!

KBJ

John Hannibal Smith /

Eh screw it i gave him a Neutral and put on there Item not as decribed, sold as new, not all parts were new. That was for the air box and cleaner,For the rear sprocket I gave him a positive. I doubt When he sees that he will be selling to me again.

John Hannibal Smith /

Ok this Guy is really pissing me off,He keeps emailing me and bitching about 2 money orders That I know I sent out but he hasn't got yet.I Don't know what to do about this,Im sure as fuck aint going to pay him twice yet I don't need any negatives or ebay on my ass about not paying him. Somebody help me!

Dude,

chill out! If he already sent you the parts, who cares, believe me, I am a seller on ebay, and buyers have all the protection in the world...he CANNOT leave negative feedback for you! Period. You can only leave it for him.

Heres some advice

Always ask the seller first if any doubts

Dont have an attiutde when tring to work it out

Look at that pic, its totally used!

Relax, enjoy your foxi...

Haha,thats fucked up.

John Hannibal Smith /

Thanks man

It is what it is. We are all playing crapshoot with that dude and his sparta parts.

Thing is , when he's gone...

thats it!

Us sparta dudes know how impossible it is to find anything at all............

neccassary evil.

John Hannibal Smith /

Got that right Andrew,Im dreading when he runs out of parts for us to buy.

John Hannibal Smith /

LOL he just emailed me with this

Sent: Thu 6/12/08 4:01 AM

To: Nathaniel gahlman (growlinghellhounds@hotmail.com)

I got news for you, DUDE. If your other (2) payments don't arrive here in the next few days, I'm going to get you permanently kicked off eBay for non payment on both orders. Also, DUDE, I'm going to get a civil court judgment against you in General District Court, that will damage your credit history for the next 9 years. You'll pay one way or the other.

Can he do this?