tshirt fail

so you know those awesome shirts we printed and sold for $6 at our rally? it has come to my attention that the ink is washing out of some of them. we used two types of ink this year, speedball, which i have used in the past, and a new brand called permaset. the company that sold me the permaset ink guaranteed me that it needed to be ironed when dry, and would then be permanent for life.

I am extremely embarassed at the thought that we may have sold defective shirts, so if you have a shirt that was printed on with either bright red, blue, or black ink, please do not wash it yet. give me a few days to get ahold of the permaset company and find out how to permanently set the ink so it doesnt wash out.

i apologize profusely to anyone who may have already washed a shirt printed with this ink.

tshirt fail

it happens. I print shirts for a living, and I am still find out something else i'm doing wrong with every job. If you didn't have the patience for serigraphy, you probably wouldn't have the patience for mopeds.

Re: tshirt fail

Who do you work for? Do you have automatics? I contract out about 50000 prints a month and might be able to float some stuff your way if you could handle it...

I work for myself, we print the old-fashioned way (with a little bit of the poor way sprinkled in).

What kind of prints are you contracting out? 50000 a month... would probably kill me. Right now we just do small orders for bands, we also partner with artists and do limited numbered runs of a custom design, hopefully we'll have a website soon, right now I just sell them out of my trunk at shows.

here's my favorite shirt we are currently selling:

MOPED kids don't wash their clothes... Silly.

I didn't wash mine yet, and even if there is no way to set the ink, I can always mount it and put it in a frame. 6 dollar art!

Heat Curing of Permaset

I got this info from here: http://www.colormaker.com.au/Permaset/Permaset

Heat setting is absolutely imperative.

Four methods are possible:

1. through a drying tunnel is what the professionals do

2. just hand iron. Initially must air dry. Results supposedly not as good as tunnel drying, but there is no evidence of difference.

3. Again after air drying, fold piece, wrap in AlFoil and bake at low heat (90

Rad, DIY style. I can't use you, but maybe one day. We design stuff, mostly licensed stuff and sell tees to Urban Outfitters, Hot Topic, FYE, Places like that... Lots of boutiques too.

gross!

Re: Heat Curing of Permaset

that was informative clint! nice work!

toe fur threadkiller /

i'll see if i remember that before my june load of laundry...

Wait... which shirts? Surely not the Mopedageddon shirts, right? I have so many t-shirts from K'zoo. I'm so stoked.

The moped rally shirts with the rally robot are fine. The Latebirds shirts are fine.

The shirts with the engine pieces, the moped, or the Motobecane logo are suspect.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Why'd you break your moped shirts?

a quick amendment, amber and i were talking tonight -- it's probably the yellow ink ones you need to be wary of. there was some weird shit going on with those when i heat-set them (or tried to... maybe i didn't do it enough, who knows) and the texture of the print on the shirts felt off to me no matter -how- much i ironed them.

bottom line is you may wanna re-heat-set with any of them, but i think yellow-printed stuff is probably going to have the highest chance of problems.

Does anyone have pics of the designs? I was not in attendance but i hear they were fly...

I will hopefully have my website up and running soon with pictures on there. and will be able to take orders in the future, I just want to remedy this situation first. I would never knowingly sell someone a defective product, and i need to find out for sure which ink didnt work so that i can attempt to replace damaged shirts and make it right.

« Go to Topic — end of thread