How to Have a Moped in NYC

Hi,

I am moving to NYC in a week or two and I have a Tomos Sprint. Because it doesnt really need a key to start, etc, I was wondering what is a safe way to store this bike in the city?

thanks!

evan

Re: How to Have a Moped in NYC

Lock that bitch up with a NY Chain and use a cover... Preferably to a rod iron fence or something...

Lojack and 2 chains and a armed guard

I may be moving to the city soon too and debating whether or not the 'ped will come along... (will split time between here and there for a little bit)

So this is a timely post, anyone have any other practical tips?

How to Have a Moped in NYC

keep it in your pad. Risky keeping it outside in the city.

What neighborhood are you moving too?

Just get a cover and a good lock and chain and you'll be fine. I have 6 mopeds locked up to one street sign and nobody has messed with them.

dan - what street corner are those peds on? Will they be there tonight around 3:00 am, super crack of dawning? Just checking..

I will be moving to the E. Village. Around Ave B and 11th

i'm moving to williamsburg at the end of august. gonna ship my 103 out from san francisco. hope you guys have fast bikes.

try to find a garage or ask the super of the building to alowes u to keep the ped in the cellar and give u the special key to the elevator that alowes you to go to the cellar, also can to go in and out through the service entrance if your building has that set up.

Isn't it a fire code or something where you can't store a bike full of explosive gas in a building?...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account