I get 40- 50 now!!! new tomos

thedrifter /

thought i would just report how my modifications worked out. I have a new sprint that runs on the A55 engine. I put a 22 sprocket and a techingas next exhaust on it and now cruise at 40. Im 175lb to. Not bad.

Re: I get 40- 50 now!!! new tomos

Bruce Edwards /

Great to hear.

What are you using to measure your speed? I have an '08 Sprint (amazing how many people suddenly have these things) with a Biturbo, Unifilter, and rejetted/retuned carb. with stock gearing, I weigh 200lbs. and I can hit 137 on a flat road with no wind, verified by GPS. I'm going to change the rear sprocket, although I'm not sure what size yet, my goal is to drop the engine rpms back down to what the stock bike was turning at 30 mph, and still be able to cruise at a solid 40. My Honda Met does 40, and it keeps up with local traffic. If I can get 40 out of the Sprint, I won't have to ride in the bike lanes or to the far right anymore. Peace. Jerry.

Edward Richardson /

"I can hit 137 on a flat road with no wind"

JATO much? :)

i was knocking the 40 on the speedo, with just the rear sprocket, it was the best 12 dollors ive ever spent, now i have a technigas, carb upgrade kit, 24 rear, and i had the airsal piston-port kit, but i trashed it(melted piston over rings, cut cylinder a little...)

i think my streetmate r could go so fast with just the sprocket because of the sheer momentum it build up as a heavier moped and all, but yeah... i think i hit 50(guesstamit) when i siezed the shit out of the kit at full throttle.

Typo. I meant 37 mph. All I want is 40, and I am not going to kit the engine, because I want it to last a while, and be reliable. Peace. Jerry.

a technigas can give awesome top end, but a cheapo bit-turbo may get you there paired with a gearing.

i suggjest a 24 rear sprocket, that should let you cruize at 40, and break it down hills. say goodbye to some(not alot) low end accelleration.

Edward Richardson /

I was apprehensive about kitting also, but decided to take the leap, but slowly adding parts every few weeks. Dino oil for the break in and Mobile 1 after at 25:1

TCCD 70cc

High Comp Head

Racing Crank

Techno Estoril

19 mm intake

16mm Arreche running rich

I'm hitting 42 mph since the rebuild in March

and did both rides in Kzoo without problems with very good off the line torque.

How long do you consider "a while"?

This'll be the third year of me riding the piss out of my a35 airsal kit...

I don't do much maintenance either... and this was the first kit I put on a moped...

I'd say as long as you know what you're doing Jerry (and I'm pretty damn sure you do), you could get a lot of life out of a kit :D

P.S. My bike goes a solid 48mph tho it IS an a35.. :P

Raymond Wright IV /

i have the same setup

and i also cruise around 40.

when im on a flat road i can hit 43.

i wouldnt worry about the kit on an a55 as i would the oil system. if you kit it, rip it off,no, if you do anything... rip it off

i didnt relize this was from may...

Can I get some feedback on removing the oil pump?

It seems that there is a 'hardcore' element that thinks

there is something wrong having one? Do you get

a cleaner mix?

I'd like to know....

Uh-oh... the "O-I" (oil injector) word...

Some people have had issues with Tomos oil injectors, especially the ones on older models. These people recommend that you remove the oil injector, because its failure will cause your engine to seize.

Some people have not had issues with their Tomos oil injectors. These people will tell you that it is kind of stupid to remove something that is working just fine the way it is.

Some people don't care how good of a system it is and will (almost) always recommend oil injector removal on the principle that they trust themselves to mix their oil more than they trust the oil injector.

Some people (actually just Targaped) will always recommend keeping an oil injector, even if it has failed multiple times and caused severe damage to both moped and rider. (PS - Don't listen to Targaped/Olympian/Sirtroll1).

If you kit your moped, it is always recommend (except by Targaped) that you either disable the oil injector and run premix (more accurate) or mix some oil in with your gas in addition to having the oil injector pump oil into the system.

John Joedicke /

I've been running the piss out of a kitted LX since 1999. Same kit, same piston, same rings and it just gets better. Be brave Jerry, use your motor skills. lol

Wow. a 9 year old kit. thats a shocker. Hahahaha.

« Go to Topic — end of thread