cafe racer bars

Hey all!

I've been wanting to change my bars over to cafes but wanted to check in here before I spent the beans on ebay and then was totally dissapointed...

Anything I should be wary of before I make the change?

Thanks!

Re: cafe racer bars

Yeah. Severe pain. Peace. Jerry.

Also possible permanent damage. Years ago, I rode a GSX-R from Phoenix to San Francisco and back, and it STILL hurts. I'm pretty sure it caused permanent nerve damage. People were not designed to stay bent over like that for long periods of time.

Brian Mikami /

Try and get bars that are FLAT. Like the Magnum Limited ones....most ebay bars have the ends that angle down and make you bend over and put more weight on your wrists.

1211878093_1141436_img.jpg

do you have any pics of the rest of that bike butnut

not so pretty for long rides. my shoulders, arms, and hands are killing me...

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Yeah, I'd do flat bars. I have drop bars on my magnum, and I hurt after not too long of a ride.

Brian Mikami /

scott, click my name/profile....I'm just a casual rider so the koolness factor is worth hunching over :)

Here's my other maxi with the ebay drop bars, it was awful, luckily I got a flat one from bruddah rigid.

1211905306_dsc00196.jpg

yeah get ready for massive back pain haha oh and it changes the way thebike rides a lot, real twitchy

« Go to Topic — end of thread