To NO2or not to?

I'm pretty set on putting nitrous on my maxi, but I wanna know what you guys think. If anyone has nitrous, Is it illegal?

Re: To NO2or not to?

Don't waste your time... Get a sweet kit, pipe and carb.

It's not illegal, but it will totally destroy your engine. If you want to go fast, do it the traditional, and expensive, way. Peace. Jerry.

seizein' and squeezin'.

but really you'll seize.

I know a guy that runs nitro on a lambretta, he rebuilds his engine every time he uses it. If you want to get "Xtreme" look at building a turbo.

Pulse jet?

not this again, I guess kalamazoo is just a magical place where nitrous make me go faster and win races.

I love how "Fast and Furious" gives the impression that NO2 has no ill-effects on an engine. If my Maxi were a second bike and I had already done everything else to it, and had the money for extra 70cc kits, I'd go for it. IT would be fun as heck to have that extra surge of power. Take both bikes to a rally, make a spectacle of your self with your puch, then when it seizes ride in comfort and style on your Moby (or the chase vehicle).

I fiugured it would sieze. I'v built a pulse jet bofre that used propane. Its a big possibility thats that will be my next move.

My gearing is so high, that I can't even get up my driveway, but i can go way faster than my motron.

Well, the tccd kits are cheap, I have heard talk abaut a "wet injection" kit that helps with the seizing problem. If you could put a tap in your intake to introduce more fuel while boosting and plug chop while boosting you may be able to come up with a decent system. However, finding a Za50 engine may be a better solution for you.

Actually Wiffle, cars blow up their engines in the movie from nitrous. Duh.

It has been done successfully, but it's not exactly bolt-on or beginner shit.

it works!

thats all I have to say if you say it doesn't your wrong

1211936088_nitrous_tomos.jpg

Re: it works!

This guy did it better, but I can't find the thread where he talks about it.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/members/view/mosquito/bradj/

Re: it works!

i have never seen nick squeeze, i think it was all props.

his explanation of his kit to me was missing some important information.

Thats when there engines go over 11000 RPM. They dont realize it cuase there focused on how fast their going.

4 cycle engines have a dedicated lubrication system, usually they dont sieze with nitrous.

how it works

you turn the valve then you throw the switch that opens the solenoid that has the 3hp jet that runs the line that goes into the oil injection port on the manifold and you go faster then you shut it off when when you are going fast enough to keep your engine from going boom.

Thats good. I have a dirt bike flyweel that advances the timing using weights. And I could use an old oil injector to introduse some lubrication. huh lube.

« Go to Topic — end of thread