Some reflections on kalamazoo and rallies

Moped rally time is always about 1.5 to 2 hours off. The ride is at 1? That means you could start to install a kit at 1 and have it broken in by the time the ride really starts at 3.

That place where I got the hand-dipped fried onion rings easily had the worst onion rings I've ever eaten. It was like an onion ring wrapped in a pancake. Thanks Team 19 for eating some of them for me before I threw up.

Theo and Stacey's is not someone's house. It is a restaurant. At first I thought it was really nice that Theo and Stacey were going to provide breakfast for everyone.

Communication kinda blows at these things. A board somewhere with changes would have been cool. It would have saved me countless trips between RocketStar and 1977 Mopeds wondering what is going on.

Having 1977 Mopeds there is great. Need a new jet on Sunday morning at 11? No problem. Blow up your kit? No problem.

I love all the stock bikes. They make me feel really, really fast with my kit. Thank you for coming.

The people were really cool and it was great to meet the folks whose names you see every day.

Big thanks to all those from The Decepticons that drove vans and cooked burgers and everything else that you did. It was very much appreciated.

Great time.

Re: Some reflections on kalamazoo and rallies

_I love all the stock bikes. They make me feel really, really fast with my kit. Thank you for coming._

Remind me to throw something at you the next time I see you.

But yeah, HUGE thanks to everyone who helped plan this. I can't think of a more fun way to spend a weekend. It kind of sucks going back to my normal life where everyone thinks I'm crazy.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Thoughts:

Not everyone with long hair and skin tight pants is a girl.

The kitted bikes flying by me kind of annoyed me, but the 100% bone stock bikes that flew by me were the ones that really pissed me off. I need to get my projects done.

Riding in the pack at the beginning of a ride is incredible. You can barely breathe with all the exhaust, and you've got people going anywhere from 15 to 55 mph, all in a giant pack of chaos. It was sweet completely taking over the streets and bringing traffic to a halt.

I don't know if any of that made sense. I'm going to go back to pretending I'm doing work while I nurse my hangover.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Admit it Mike, you were totally checking dudes out. ;-)

Mike is always checking dudes out. I have information from an extremely close source that claims Mike raped a drunk 18 yr old boy in his hotel room Sunday night.

Riding with the group was an incredible expirience. I cant wipe the smile off my face when I ride with 10 peds let alone 200.

However having 198 of the 200 peds fly past me is a definite humbling & inspiring event. So thanks to all you kittens for making me eat two stoke smoke. I cant wait to be able to keep up.

I think it would have been a slightly better idea to have all the stock peds leave first and then send out all the speed demons. I mean we know you are going to pass us but it might give everyone a chance to stick with the group for a little longer.

At the K.C. and Chicago rallies I plan on having a kitted ped that looks like an ambulance and returning the favor for anyone who stopped for us slow folk.

Thanks to everyone in Kalamazoo for a wonderful weekend.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

All I know is that every morning I woke up to a different dude in my bed. Monday morning I did wake up with that 18 year old...

Okay, if we're making a list of things we've learned:

1) Fuck this stock shit. I'm with Ryne -- it sucks to have everyone (EVERYONE) blow by you like you're standing still. Riding with the pack is what makes this kind of stuff so fun, and stock peds simply can't keep up. Not being able to keep up = not as much fun.

2) On a road trip, you should always go to the bathroom when you're stopped at a gas station because you never know when you'll have another chance to go. On a moped ride, you should always fill up with gas when you're stopped at a gas station because you never know when you'll have another chance to fill up.

3) Like shit, lost happens. (A lot.)

4) Sunscreen is your friend.

5) People who ride mopeds are awesome. That's not exactly news, but it was really cool to know that everyone was watching each other's backs. There was always someone willing to lend a hand or a tool, and it was a beautiful thing.

6) Follow the leader is easier said than done.

7) The only advantage of being slow is that you can more fully appreciate the looks on people's faces. I saw a guy on a Harley turn his head as I drove by (after he'd already seen the other 199 out of 200 mopeds drive by) and kind of shake his head. I saw a woman standing at her window watching the moped view. I saw people coming out of their houses to take pictures of the scene. I saw people on the street stop and stare in awe (or perhaps disgust). I'm sure some of you fast people saw some of that too, but I'm willing to bet it's easier to see people's reactions at 25mph than at 40mph.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Did anyone notice that one driving school car on Saturday? We swarmed the road and were blowing the red light he was stopped at. This poor kid who looked like he was 15 was completely terrified at the wheel. His instructor was equally awed. I thought it was hilarious.

And yes, fuck this stock shit. Illegal modifications, mmm.

Edward Richardson /

" O.K. Son, Hands at 10 and 2 just ease on the brakes and HOLY CRAP!"

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did Linda just drop the F-bomb?

TEAM 19!

yea bry, those onion rings were terrible. the place was called corner bar. also my chicken strips were flat like paper. well, we can't blame charles for feedin us.

and p.s: i went almost 40 stock drafting behind graham and it was awesome.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Linda was swearing like a sailor about stock bikes vs. kitted bikes. haha

Edward Richardson /

Sorry Bry, I think we're a bad influence.

Fuck this fucking stock shit. Fuck it all to goddamn fucking hell and back. "Stock" is a fucking sonuvabitch word and it can kiss my fucking ass.

Why yes, I believe I did drop the f-bomb. Shame on me.

No, I don't really mean all that. I just wanted to see how many naughty words I could use all at once. Stock is cool, but I'm ready for a change -- namely a change that can actually keep up with the pack.

And for those of you with stock bikes that do almost 40, congratulations. Your bikes are freaks of nature and I hate you all. Have a nice day.

:)

i gotta say that was sweet and riding mopeds is so much funner than nopeds (thank u Chad for the loner) also nice rally never did see the late birds till we all stopped

Thank you Mattschmitz for finding and rescuing Mike and I on that cold lonely road. Because breaking down in the country side is how horror movies usually start:)

thrown together team 19 parties are awesome when you can't get into a bar, thanks castle greyskull. i still can't believe some of you drank out of topher's penis whiskey.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

You're welcome Chuck! I'm glad I grabbed one of my juice cans for my bike instead of leaving both in the truck, it proved to be REALLY handy on that ride.

Besides, you're not in trouble until you hear the banjos.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Yeah, who was so kind as to let us drink on their porch? Thanks for doing that.

at K-Zoo there was a lot of fun to be had by all thanks so much Deceptions for the ripin good rally.

thanks Matt for letting me borrow your welder

thanks Chad for letting me use your shop, sleep in your yard, and everything else

thanks Denver kids for having such a cool bus

thanks Kevin for giving me that shirt and air filter (jk) c ya at bomb prom

ok if I keep this up this post will go on forever so just thanks to all

Ryan

thats to Nate Bandit for bringing that magnum frame and body parts, which i am sanding right now. new paint ftw!

my boyfriends bike does 40 stock. Sachs d-cylinder FTW!

toe fur threadkiller /

wtf is penis whiskey?

I dunno topher but I'm a little bummed you didn't share with me...

I guess I'm usually too drunk to notice the food quality of the late night menu at the Corner Bar ...

WOW I missed out. I wish I was there to share those good times with all of you.

Linda, fuck your stock bike as you blasted past my soft seized ass at 33mph, lol.

toe fur threadkiller /

i like stock bikes.

topher, you definitely stuck your penis in your whiskey bottle, then promptly drank from it. you left and the bottle was empty by the end of the night.

a big thanks to you, ryan, who after generously giving me about a half-gallon of gas did everything in your power to have me found after my damn bike soft seized for the second time saturday.