Whats the easiest way to tell an Iowa express?

Other than the fact that it is being sold in Iowa, what are the give aways for an Iowa model just by looking at one? I just don't want to drive to the border just to find out that I am buying a "special needs" noped.

Whats the easiest way to tell an Iowa express?

They usually say "Iowa" on them. Seriously.

Re: Whats the easiest way to tell an Iowa express?

I think thats more common on the urban express right? I've seen that down just under where it says express, but was it like that in the early eighties?

This page shows the serial numbers for the Iowa version -

http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0050/express/express.htm

Also, they were official (it seems) the NC50I model.

But what was the difference in the Iowa model?

The Iowa version was slow and crappy.

So, before 82 there was no Iowa express? this is kind of important, because I am either going to buy 2 from this guy tomorrow or not based on this.

Because corn startles easily.

The alteration coulodn't have been huge since they wouldn't have expected to sell all that many in a state with a fairly small population. Unless maybe it was a version already being produced for sale elsewhere. I dunno...

Well its the differences between about 20 and about 30 mph, and to me thats pretty huge.

This shows them starting in '82 also -

http://www.jacksscootershop.com/honda_VIN.html

The lastest Iowas listed there are '87, so either Iowa laws might have changed then.

And yes, ten MPH is a lot of MPH!

-Unholysmokers - Chad Ferguson /

I'm pretty sure you can mess with the Iowa versions of the express to make them go as fast as the non-Iowa's. I think it's just the Urban Express that no one can figure out.

iowa expresses are not restricted to 20, it's 25. as long as it's not an urban express, youll probably get more speed than that out of it anyway. my '82 iowa express (NC50) is my daily rider, and in warm weather it'll do 28-30 on the flats. nothing has been done to de-restrict it as far as i know...

also i'm fairly confident that the NA50 was available in an Iowa model as early as '81 (if not earlier)

hmmmmm.... so no one knows how to tell a if an 79/80/81 is an Iowa model? Well, I guess I'm just gonna hafta take a chance. Thanks yall.

« Go to Topic — end of thread