Who(m???)ever was selling shirts @ Kzoo Arcade

I'm talking about the shirts that had the awesome designs on them. You may want to look at your ink formulation unless these were intended to be one-use only designs. I came home, washed my shirt, and I now have two plain t-shirts. Seriously, every shred of coolness is gone from those shirts. OK, I can live with that, but I didn't even get to wear the damn shirt ONCE! I washed in cold. Total bummer because I was really digging the designs.

Re: Who(m???)ever was selling shirts @ Kzoo Arcade

lol

Yeah, it was a real laugh riot.

uhoh...mines in the wash right now.

What were they?

they were pretty rad shirts. good thing they were only 6 bucks.

The designs? They had a nice Motobecane logo one, one with all sorts of moped parts on it, and another with a Maxi moped on it.

haha i can tell those of you who _havent_ washed them yet what you need to do...

lay the shirt flat with the design up, cover the entire design with a peice of paper.

then iron the hell out of it, if the shirts are 100% cotton go as hot as your iron will go.

the ink may stick to the paper, when it does, just let the whole thing cool off and then peel it away slowly. I'd suggest doing the whole procedure two or three times just to make sure you got an even cure. You can give it a "stretch test" by pulling the shirt to stretch the pattern out. the ink should stretch with the fabric, if you see it starting to crack in any place, re-iron that part.

It sounds like they used plastisol printing inks which have to be flash cured at like 330

You get what you pay for. I figure $6 for a shirt would be a cheap ass shirt with a cheap ass print. Good advice about the heating with an iron.

who printed those shirts anyway?

I was helping "man" the sale to help Kzoo out a little, since they were busy as hell. Amber from Dcons was selling the shirts, and I believe she screened them herself. Haven't washed the ones I bought yet, so I'll be trying the iron trick.

haha awesome

Aww, I didn't want this to be a call-out post. I seriously wanted to warn others and let whoever made them know what was going on. i totally appreciate the effort that went in to making them. The design was too good to fade away so i want her to make some more that will stand the test of time.

yeah that happened with my awesome whiskey business bandana too

Damn sorry if I was out of line asking who printed them... I meant it not as a call-out; I wanted to know if there were other mopeders who are also screen printers. I've done stupider stuff so i'm not judging anyone.

To clarify: I wasn't trying to "tattle." I just meant to give people her name in case someone wanted to contact her and let her know about the problem. I don't expect that she's reading the gen forum right now, as she's been busy. She worked hard on the rally, she made some awesome t-shirts, and deserves, in general, mad props. My post was only meant as a contact info post, not as an aid to "calling out" someone.

You folks are right, anyone designing, printing, and selling screen printed shirts for 6 bucks is doing it for the love of mopeds, not to make a bundle of money. I wish them sucess.

The designs on the shirts were spot-on. I attached a picture of the design on my jacket -- it says "mopeds" but it's got little skulls in it. I think it's both cute and badass, which is an excellent reflection of mopeds in general, at least in my opinion. (I sewed the patch on during the ride home.) I hope whoever made these makes more, because they're freakin' awesome.

I'm glad I was warned about the washing though. I just went and dug it out of my laundry hamper and I'll try the iron trick before I wash it. I would have been very sad to see something so cool get washed away.

1211897799_awesome_moped_shirt.jpg

was it the rally shirts that did that? 'cause i paid $10 for mine.

the design on it looked like this...

OK, I emailed Amber and let her know for future endeavors. Getting a name is good so then I could contact her about it. I don't care about the money, I'm just bummed I never got to wear them. :(

No, it was not the moped rally shirt. That washed totally fine. She was selling these shirts at the Arcade on Saturday. She had them displayed near the barbecue grill/Denver bus area.

Curing your home made plasisol screen prints

« Go to Topic — end of thread