1st real ride

Corpseharvester /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Okay, Saturday was my first real ride. I am all cali legal now, and rode it to work and counted the hours till work was over so I could ride it home. I had a lot of fun, and a lot of looks as well as waves from ppl for some reason, I felt odd waving back as I didn't know why they were waving at me and I am sure they didn't know me. Also I got waves because I had to hand signal as my ped has no turn signals. lol

It's running a bit sluggish and slow on some hills that I have to peddle to get up, is this normal? Now, I am not the lightest person and my ped is a _1980 Peugeot 102SP-U3_, I have not done a total tear down, and cleaned everything. If I follow Fred's guide I am sure I could do this, but really? how much down time will I be looking at? I don't have an air compressor to blow out the jets in the carb, is that really needed? Also can someone tell me how much gas this thing holds??? I am not sure if I got the 2storke oil in the right amount. the gas tank says 2oz per 1 gallon of gas. I got that much, but it doesn't say how much the tank holds, I put gas in it the other day and it took about 1/2 gallon. I appreciate any help you can give me.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.