noped to moped conversion?

How realistic would it be to turn a tomos noped into a moped? My primary use for my moped is to get from my house in slc, UT to class and my friend who rides a puch maxi loves being able to kill the engine and pedal into the heart of campus so he can lock it up right outside his class. Also, there is almost always a gas station down hill of you in slc so with pedals you can just go till you run out of gas and coast it to the nearest station (a strange practice, but you never know) Anyway, I can't help but notice that the cranks on the tomos mopeds go directly through the transmission making me feel like this isn't going to happen, but is there a way to do it? Perhaps if you just need a new transmission? Or would it be a ridiculously expensive procedure? The bike itself only cost me $200 so spending some money wouldn't hurt since I had been saving up to spend more like 600-700 on one. Not to say I want to spend 500 converting it, but you get the idea.

Thanks for the input. sorry if I managed to touch upon yet another over-discussed topic, but I tried searching and didn't find anything.

Re: noped to moped conversion?

easiest would be to trade someone for the pedal version of the engine.

damn that would be sick if it wasn't so much dough, and I don't think it would fit an a35 frame, or the a35 kit that I already have. but thanks for pointing that out, it's not looking good on this I think I'll be sticking to the pegs for a while... are there ever people out there willing to trade pedals for pegs?

eh?

yeah that's what i was saying, you can probably find a pedal a35 or someone willing to trade one for a kickstart pretty easily, put a post in the buy/sell forum.

« Go to Topic — end of thread