moped parking/storage, and locks locks locks

so you guys who don't have garages or sheds, how do you lock up your peds? i'm absolutely terrified of getting something stolen in chicago, but I don't have anywhere to put a moped inside...suggestions?

I'm definitely going to invest in some serious kryptonite locks...

Re: moped parking/storage, and locks locks locks

I lock all my bikes up to a pole on the street. Just get a cover and a huge Krypto or OnGuard lock. People don't really mess with things under covers.

1 u-lock through the frame, 1 u-lock through the front tire and fork, + a cover, secure as i can get it

Just as many locks as you have places to fit them. If a thief looks at a bike with like a foot of hardened steel he has to cut through he's just gonna say fuck it and look for a scooter. Also varying the kind of lock is a good idea too. It's like rock paper scissors, you know, hack saw beats cable, cable beats car jack, car jack beats U-lock, bolt cutter beats chain, chain beats etc.etc.etc. So the more tools and shit he has to carry around, chances are there's gonna be one he can't get through, also each lock increases the amount of time he's gonna spend at it, and increase your window of time to shoot him and put him in a wheel chair for life, where he belongs.

The cover is the most important part. Thieves tend to not notice what they can't see. Locks are about as close as you can get to being worthless, with the drastic increase in street crime and gangs lately, even your average amateur criminal can defeat just about any kind of lock fairly quickly, and if you lock the wheels with a U lock, they will just remove the wheel and steal the rest of it. Definitely cover it. Peace. Death to moped thieves. Jerry.

Lock the wheel(s) to the frame too. Harder to drag. Disable the ignition. Harder to ride away with. Lock the SOB up as much as possible. Make it almost ridiculous. The more difficult it is to steal...

Yeah the cover surely is important. Also to discourage vandalism, and protect the bike...

I plan on locking mine they way I lock my mountain bikes... a U lock that I put through the frame then I have a kryptonite cable/chain thing (might upgrade to an actual chain for the moped) that I run through the front wheel and fork and lock into the U lock. If you really want you can just keep adding chains to run from the U lock to different parts of the bike until you feel satisfied.

you can get really inexpensive, but nice cyclesack moped covers on ebay for, like, $30. usually they come with a really good, heavy all weather cover, and then a cheaper one thats good for hiding your moped, but not much else.

man if i ever win the lottery i am so buying property in chicago and making a bike/moped/motorcycle specific storage building...

BryAn eurism /

It'd be fun to get the cops to tape a moped sting and show it in a time slot most would-be a-holes would watch, make it go down as a GTA, which basically it is (or SHOULD BE), if the state calls it a motorcycle.

« Go to Topic — end of thread