My Pinto - Nearly done - Pics

King Drunky JCams /

Here's the specs:

1978 JC Penny Pinto frame... chopped and welded in all the right places...

1998 Kickstart Korado E50 (CDI/12V) Port Matched

Athena 70cc reed valve kit

18mm Mikuni carb

Simonini exhaust

15x36 gearing

Michelin Gazelle tires

I purchased a 70cc high-comp head... just waiting on it.

Plus, I intend to buy the boysen reeds for the kit ASAP.

So far, it starts and idles perfectly.

It seems to only like WOT, as it four strokes like crazy when the throttle is kept at anything other than wide open... which I can't do for long because I'm breaking in the kit...

I played a bit with the air mix screw and removed the air filter... still no help.

I gotta figure out what is happening there...

Anyway here's some pics...

Enjoy.

Re: My Pinto - Nearly done - Pics

King Drunky JCams /

I forgot to mention that the moment it's running perfect, it is getting stripped down, the welds ground smooth, and getting powder coated bright red. The wheels will be powder coat "Chrome"...

P.S. I did the seat too... Came out better than I expected.

Keep riding.

Very nice!

That bike looks sick! Good to hear from you, we miss your constant presence on the board! Where did you get such a sharp emblem for your flywheel cover! Was that from the Korado?

Is he stealing daddy's new ride....

King Drunky JCams /

thanks, and yep... I've got TWO matching kickstart korado motors. One the one on the Pinto now has about 200 miles on it, the other has like 45 miles on it. ... now, what to do with the extra motor... hehehehehe

King Drunky JCams /

BOOOOOYYYYAAAAA!

I'll tell ya what to do with it, pull the clutch and sell er to me! Looks great J, the seat is awesome.

Well done dude!

Very Sweet

Hot Dude! Love the Color Combo!

sell it to me for my rigid........

I love the tank all chrome.....im gonna do that with mine.....but its getting black frame..red snowflakes.......and vinyl graphics on the tank........and ww tires

man i would just keep it the color it is looks sick like that

Brian Smithmeyer /

I had a chance to see this thing in person and it's nice. Great to see you back on the board.

justin, you know I called dibs on that other motor like a year ago if you decide to actualy sell it. :)

the pinto is looking sick! you just need to repaint jae's old sprocket to finish it off.

If Optimus Prime transformed into a moped, he would look just like that.

Very nice work!

whats that seat? looks like a honda spree seat or something...

is that tank powder coated now or is that chrome paint? looks bitchin'!

Wait. I thought I called dibs on that other motor.

King Drunky JCams /

Thanks guys.

It's been a long time coming... lots of hours into this little no-ped.

I got the four-stroking problem figured out I think, I had to raise the clip on the needle to the highest setting in the Mikuni. Running awesome now. Can't wait for the hi-comp head to come in and the new reeds...

The seat is from a Tomos Targa.

My friend Jamie welded a custom seat mount bracket for it.

The gas tank was one of the chrome on top, yellow on the bottom types. I used Mar-Hyde Paint Remover Spray on the tank and when I noticed how cool it looked, I just taped off the actual chrome on top and clear-coated the bottom portion of the tank. I love it.

Yes, Vic (I knew someone would notice) I'm gonna remove the paint on the rear sprocket... someday : )

And yes again, you have dibs on the motor if and when I decide to part with it. Don't hold your breath bro...

Fatwreck, it was great to have a guest to provide a moped to. I'm glad you got to hang out and ride in South FL. Come back whenever you get a chance, you know you've got a loaner on me...

Optimus Prime it's new name until I get it powdercoated!

... and this is the bike after I sprayed it with DuPont InvisiCoat invisible paint:

I want that kickstart E50....please sellll to meeeeeee.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

only one downside to kickstart: no rolling starts after your bike dies on you. I'm still trying to perfect the rolling kick. Tricky move.

fun if u get it right not cool if u don't

« Go to Topic — end of thread