Cops in K-zoo

How bout them cops in K-zoo last night?

Re: Cops in K-zoo

Do tell?

i heard from amy last. so i guess the decepticons have a lot of fines to pay. everybody driving cars got traffic tickets.

Crackdown!!!! There was an accident on the ride home from the long ride. Don't have full details yet. That night lots of people got pulled over for lights and stuff like that. Also, several people have gotten their licenses taken away. Yes, taken away

amy said that a girl wrecked and had to go to the hospital with a concussion and a broken collar bone. sounds like a blast.

yea last year a WMU cop stopped about 8 of us gave us all tickets and confiscated our licsences untill we paid the fine.

nothing personal to the dcons, but fuck kalamazoo michigan.

Fuck you kids for thinking that just because you are on a moped, you are outside the law of the road!

The cops have seriously been out and about this weekend. I can not recall the last time there has been such a police presence. It also does not help us that they are cracking down on seatbelt enforcement.

licenses taken away! mustve been some DUI's issued.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

lets hear it for the midwest!*

holla!

naw, they take away the licenses of the people from out of state so you can't just go home and forget about the ticket.

And hey Finazzy, fuck you, I am above the law. And fuck Michigan, I'm not paying the fucking parking ticket they gave me last year, either.

Yeah, why not just go back to your state and get a new one for four dollars? fuck those pricks! What were the tickets for?

i'm going to show up today. those pigs'll have to take me down with tazers.

Dude, I just remember how funny it was when that cop flagged over all of us into the gas station and we sat there for like 5 sec. and then just sped around him and drove off.

He was like "WAIT WAIT!!!" and then he knew he couldn't do anything and goes "FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!" like he had a choice in the matter. It was priceless.

That sucks. Hope the rally was still a blast though!

is the rally always memorial day weekend! holidays are when the cops are more likely out to give out holiday tickets!

Vimy Ridgeway /

I don't know about Michigan laws, but a cop up here in Ontario can't just pull a bunch of riders over without just cause (i.e. breaking the law in some way, unlicensed, equipment deficiences, etc.) or it will get thrown out in court. Make sure you challenge any tickets by demanding a trial, and try and get an alternate (like a Kzoo person) to represent you in court. If the cop shows up for the trial (improbable), you or your court rep should ask him about the colour of the ped, top tank or step-through, Michigan tag or out-of-state, square headlight or round, etc. He won't remember all that by the trime it comes to trial, and the judge will get so pissed-off at the time-waster he will probably let you off. Happened to me once: I defended myself in court on some minor traffic thingy, expecting the cop not to turn up. He did turn up, gave his evidence, and I began questioning him until the Justice got really pissed off, said he's not going to sit there and listen to me question a veteran officer. He told me he was going to find me guilty, but let me off without a fine because, while I was willing to contest it, but he wasn't willing to listen to me. Or you can do what you people did and not subject yourselves to an unlawful search. Smile and wave and keep going.

Cops do what they damn well please. Plain and simple.

Man!! I gotta a aparking ticket yesterday.. that shit was not marked as a NO PARKING zone. fo sho. But it's like 8 bucks.. so whatevs.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Yeah, Lori had a concussion and broken collar bone, but was up and at the BBQ today. Mend quickly Lori, hope you get right back up there!

yikes! glad to hear she's doing alright.

Based on all that I heard and experienced from the Gobles cops, I got nothing but respect for those guys. Even after pulling that wrong-way-down-a-one-way stunt, they acted incredibly professionally in handling Lori's crash and the aftermath.

And this is coming from a guy that got ticketed.

PS, Lori's crash was not the result of going the wrong way down a one way, it was just mopeds getting too close to each other.

Right on Matt. I have to agree with you. They had a lot of threatening issues to be dealt with in a short period of time and for what it's worth... they did do a great job handling the chaos. (and this is coming from someone who recieved 2 tickets in my less than 24 hour stay in Kzoo :))

I will say that the cop that handled the crash was very courteous and understanding, which I didn't expect based on my previous dealings with cops.

He asked me the questions he needed to ask and did his best not to make a very scary situation even worse. Lori had beer in her saddlebags--it had nothing to do with the accident, but he could have hassled me about it. He didn't.

He had nothing but nice things to say about the group--said he respects that this is our hobby and we have a right to be out there, etc. etc.

Also, Matt's right, the crash had absolutely nothing to do with the one-way street debacle. Someone clipped Lori, she fell, then I fell as a result of trying to avoid the crash.

Lori is feeling better, by the way, still a few lingering after-effects of the concussion, but other than that and a sling on her shoulder, she's fine.

I can't say thank you enough to all the people who kept track of our stuff, visited us in the hospital, and did other things to make a bad situation better. We're lucky to have so many great people looking out for us.

just for the record... the people who got tickets broke the law. cops will write tickets to those who speed, dont obey traffic signs, and are careless. I don't think the ticket writing was in excess at all. enough said.

speeding, yes sure fine whatever. i deserved the ticket. but bandits getting tickets for rolling stop signs. puh-lease.

if you use your pedals through the stop signs like i do, you can tell the cop you were trying to start your engine... they dont typically write tickets for that.

last year at our rally, creatures were shooting off illegal fireworks as we rode down the street, and all of us were blowing stop signs, and almost all of us had illegal bikes, and my bike was really a pile of trash with wheels. I haven't the foggiest notion why the cop didn't give us tickets, and instead just made me feel like an asshole. Those are the cops I like to deal with. The ones that say, "you were being a fucking retard! this is the get out of having to pay me for being a retard situation, which will never happen again. Next time the Cretards are shooting off fireworks that are illegal in this state while riding their mopeds not in formation through a stop sign, YOU will be going to jail, since YOU are leading this stupid ride."

That brings up a whole other discussion about how important it is to give everyone a lesson of how to ride in a group before the ride takes off. A LOT of moped riders have no clue how to ride in groups and it's scary. Even people who have been riding mopeds for years.

I will be handing out a how to ride in a group flier before our ride at Bomb Prom...

Chris