Where do i start? Ped from the ground up!

Ok, so Ive been looking for a ped for a while, and Ive had a hard time. I have 200 bucks to spend on one, and thats it (for now) Anyway, i got really excited because my friend who does bike rally's and stuff in town, said a guy he worked with had a tomos for 200 bucks.

Well, turned out the guy wanted more along the 400 dollar range, and now im bummed again..

BUT Jimmy on here, lives very close to where i work. He was kind enough to give me a Puch Maxi frame (havent piked it up yet, prob. monday)

Anyway, i really dont know a lot about mopeds, as far as what models are good for what parts, and what things you can interchange.

What would YOU guys do with a puch frame, and 200 bucks? I'd really like to get it running b4 the rally in Cincinnati next month.

Re: Where do i start? Ped from the ground up!

Your going to have a tough time on a budget, maybe you can luck out and find a complete bike with a rusted out frame to use as a parts bike. A maxi is the easiest and cheapest model to get parts for. Luckily you live in one of the best places to fine plenty of cheap mopeds.

Ohio is the freaking moped belt. How can you not find one. You are definitely not searching hard enough.

you cannot do much with a frame and 200.

Better off finding a non-running bike out of someones shed and just make it purr again.

I also believe since Ohio is filled with old people who don't use the internet. I would check the newspaper and also the thrifty nickel

Check this craigslist find thats close to you:

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/686093870.html

Thanks guys. After looking around on ebay and the such, i suppose your right. I aint gonna do shit with 200 and a frame.

I emailed that guy last week about the tomos. Craigslist pisses me off, because the retards will never email you back, and dont post their numbers.

Any other good sources you guys know of for finding a ped in my area?

motorcycle junk yards

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account