New kid says hello, bought mopeds

Firstly, I've been lurking here for several months and this is one of the funniest, coolest boards I've ever seen!

Hey gang. I just arranged to buy a PA50 (running, idles rough) and a Vespa Ciao (In pieces, with an extra frame) for $600. I'm in Canada where mopeds are non-existent, so I think I got a decent deal. The dude's also got a Cady (won't start, used to run well) that he wants $400 for, a Si (runs awesome, great shape) for $800, and another PA50 (possibly a PA50II, missing rear brake cable) for $600.

Mopeds are next to impossible to find up here so I'm seriously considering getting the Motobecane or the Honda as well. He's pretty nice and I bet he'd give me a good deal.

What do you guys think? Did I get ripped off? I haven't picked them up yet, but if it turns out the Honda I said I'd take is a 50I, and the other one is a 50II, I'm gonna get the II instead.

He threw in the Ciao for free and since it came with an extra frame I'm gonna try to paint it.

Re: New kid says hello, bought mopeds

Sweet score! Congrats.

Wow, you may be the closest mopedder to me. Shhhhh, your girlfriend needs that suprise!

Apparently all the cool kids migrate to the coast.

oh.

Crap, I'm not cool then.

I mean, _many_ of the cool kids migrate to the coast. I myself am not cool, so it makes sense to live where I do.

Hey dude! where in Canada are you?

600 for a moped in pieces? ay. that's a lot of money esspecially for a non running ped, but heck if you can get it to work and enjoy the heck out if then awesome!

Shh! Calgary, AB. Oil country :S

Ah darn, I've been looking to ride with someone in the greater toronto area!

We should start our own branch, for all of Canada. Maybe we'd have as many members as any one US branch.

You got lots of people near Toronto!

Really? maybe I just haven't been looking! :D Actually, I walked into the bike store yesterday with my ped wheels and the guy was like "Oh man, this is the second day in a row I'm seeing wheels like this". That just leaves me to track the other guy down haha!

There's the Royal Canadian Moped Posse up there, and I believe it's centerd in Toronto.

Ben Van Zoest /

Jesus, how I envy the wealthy canadians...

I just got back from the dude's house and for $600 I got...

- a red 1980 Honda PA50II, runs awesome except stalls at idle

- 19?? Vespa Ciao, in pieces

- an extra PA50 frame and wheels

- an extra Ciao frame, forks, handlebars and wheels

- two Peugot side covers

- an extra PA50 seat (the long fat version)

- an extra PA50II cylinder and pison

- gasket sets for both

- two extra PA50 gas tanks

Awesome! Watch for some of these parts in the Buy/Sell forum, I guess, and maybe I can trade them for parts I might need.

Also, when I started the PA50 I got it started with the stand up, then tried to rock it forward to drive away, but ended up getting tossed off when it wheelied, scaring my neighbor. Awesome!

Oh and also he threw in a Haynes manual for the Ciao and the original shop manual for the Honda!

« Go to Topic — end of thread