how do i insure a moped in MA

well remember my whole pizza delivery post? well ive got everything sorted out, except the liability of running somone over( witch is deffinettly not gonna happen, with top speeds of 40 mph and a front disk brake set up...) but still i neeed it to ride, so if anyone has insured a moped in ma without losing a arm and a leg, please tell me where you went and what the quote was, because i keep getting turned down left and right...

Re: how do i insure a moped in MA

i do not think you can get motor vehicle insurance unless you have your moped registered. and, to tell you the truth, if you hit someone at 40mph, you will gravely injure them AND you will have been breaking the law by operating your moped above the legal speed limit. if youre that concerned, id say insure it as motorcycle. this will run you, like, a hundred bucks or so, but youll also have to take the safety course.

i said 40+ because my mopeds have been known to break 40(downhill with a backdraft). i dont operate that fast seeing how its still 50cc with a perf. exhaust and intake. im not personally concercerned, it is ONLY so i can deliver pizza on it all summer.

i dunno man, came off as a rude post in my opinion, but thanks for the input anyways...

p.s. if thats what i have to do id rather invest in a 50cc motorcycle.

and where id i mention that my mopeds arent registered? i wanted some help, not online attitude....

i assure you youre reading entirely too much into it. you asked for information, im giving it to you, plus advice. as to registering it, i am only assuming that you dont have license plates on your moped or else you wouldnt be asking about insurance. and if you hadnt mentioned hitting someone and riding at 40mph in the same sentence, i woulndt have mentioned it either.

theres no way of reading tone into the printed word - whats more, i was just trying to be helpful and answer your questions. any hint of attitude is purely something youre reading into it, and ironically, youre the one dishing it out. lastly, then, i'd also invest in a good leather jacket, especially if youre going to be riding on the open road with such thin skin.

Is moped insurance required in your state? If it isn't, you may not be able to get it. Insurance companies go by the VIN. If the VIN is not on their list, they won't insure it. If it is, then insurance companies are required by law to sell you insurance. Check with Dairyland/Sentry, they are great (and cheap) in AZ, but from what I've heard, they vary from state to state. Peace. Jerry.

i dunno man... im sorry. it just came off as putting some words in my mouth... but i see what your saying... like all i was thinking was "oh man this guy deffinely only operates at 25mph...." huge sarcasim in that but it must be hard to tell over a forum...

yeah peace... sorry for the misunderstanding...

~sabat

yeah... so far it looks that way... i just have no idea what to say to the boss, seeing how he gave my hopes up with giving the idea a go... dammnnn.....

uhh what a let down...

A motorcycle is still cheaper to operate than a car. Your capital investment just increased, but the returns should offset the initial costs.

I have no idea how much it costs to operate a motorcycle in MA and I live here/there, but finding a 125cc or something smaller seems like it would still fit he bill. Plus, with all of being legal stuff, you could get your deliveries there faster.

Brendan Chenelle /

Why don't you just call the insurance company and ask?

Insurance is not required in MA. Registration is just a sticker, not a plate.

LOL

Well said Jay!

Are we riding this weekend??

They don't sell Moped insurance in Massachusetts!

If you carry a home owners insurance policy you may want to contact your insurance agent and see if they'll write your ped into the policy???

yes they do Phil had his magnum insured

the insurance company i go to asked me if i wanted insurance for my moped ofcourse i said no

he said any street legal vehicle can have liability on it

they also have liability for bicycles too i know a couple curriers that have hit people before then they got insurance

40 bucks for 2 years. Bring the bill of sale and the money to the dmv. done

i did, theyre gonna call me back tuesday after memorial day weekend..

my moped is registered, and street legal, the reason i want insurance, is the liability while delievering pizza on it..

no... im 19 only rentin my house.

then i have to take a class, and get my class M permit.

i should be doing that eventually down the road, i just want to save the cash to do this...

Do you have AAA in your state? in michigan you do not need ins foer mopeds but AAA does sell it. here in Michigan it is 34.00

ill look into that.. thanks!

Any word on moped insurance?

« Go to Topic — end of thread