fuuuucking nuts.

as i was putting on the intake on my puch, the damn screw dealy that's on the kit just randomly decided to break. i wasn't even forcing the nut on that hard. it just went POOT! and now i have a stubby intake screw.

do i need that replaced by a specialty store or can i just go to a hardware store?

Re: fuuuucking nuts.

Hardware store, Metric section, it's an M6 stud, dig around a bit

fish_SHARK /

hardware store, replace with size M6, i like to use allen bolts instead of a stud and a nut

ok thanks. i was JUST at the hardware store today and now i have to go back.

ugh.

the simplest thing to do is just buy an allen bolt. they are the kind that have the octagon looking hole on the top. it will be m6 thread and you dont want it longer than an inch. also buy a couple washers. all you need to tighten and loosen one is an allen key which is like 1$.

it will be made of stainless steel and will never break again. you might as well replace the other stud if you can get it out with the tools you have. needle nosed vice grips are the best. regular needle nose pliers will work if you're strong like ox.

if that doesnt work come back and we can teach ya tricks to get stubborn studs out.

the reasons i dont say replace it is studs come in certain lengths and threads. that will be hard to find locally unless you have moped friends.

is "fuuuuuuuucking nuts" what you said when it broke? I say stuff like that too, but it usually is accompanied by me throwing a wrench.

oh i had something useful to say too. people like replacing the studs with allen bolts but i dont see the point... the bolts are 10mm, and if youre anything like me if you come across your manifold bolts, you'll already have your trusted 10mm fitted wrench clutched in your fist and ready to go... rather than coming across the nuts and having to go sift through your shit for an allen key.

I have a set of allen bits that fit into a screwdriver handle that I have. It's almost easier than a wrench.

emily- i agree with harold, get allen bolts if you can. the hard part might be getting the remainder of the stud out of the cylinder, were you able to do that? fixing bikes all weekend, call me we'll bring amadeus over to the garage

coool. i'll definitely give you a ring on sunday. i start work tomorrow. woo!

and i got allen bolts but they were too long so i need to make yet ANOTHER trip to the hardware store.

oh and yeah, i got the studs out. they weren't in too tight fortunately.

a.) Bryan, there's a garage now?

b.) Emily, I can't wait to see yer sweet bike in action!

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Emily, go to Winks Hardware, Its at 3rd and East Stark. That's where I get all my nuts and bolts. The best part is that they get it for you, no searching endless bins. Downside, they're closed Saturday and Sunday.

Email me I got tons of them . Just pay shipping and it is yours .

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account