Re: The "low wave"

Jason /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

That's awesome!

This is just like a time I came up a group of 911 / 930 turbos on I-84 in CT. I had a new Geo Storm GSI 16v, top speed about 125 if you waited long enough. I crept up to the rear, they were all going about 110, and while one protested and shot up to 140 or so with a sneer, they let me play with them for about 10-20 miles (dunno, we were hauling ass). My Storm was screaming at 6000-6200 rpm and they were chuckling. Black 930 leader guy waved me ahead to the point position for a bit, and he tucked in REALLY close and the others did likewise. Hell, they were probably still in 3rd or 4th depending upon the model, 4- or 5-spd... I backed away once I'd hit top end for a minute or so, then waved bye and they smiled or nodded, and one laughed and thumbs-upped me. THAT was fun. Had my GF in the car, even. I'll always remember that. No bull man, that's the way it was.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account