Re: Finding old parts locally?

Robert Rosselit /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

No Problem! That square bing is pretty easy to work on. you can buy gasket paper at almost any parts store. I actually pieced my gasket back together with Yamabond (permatex will work if you cant get Yamabond. If you've thrown away the pieces of gasket you can use RTV to make a new gasket, check to see which type will work with gasoline. The real trick here is to get the carb extremely clean. Unscrew the jet and clean it with an orifice cleaner (available at most auto parts store) just make sure you only make a few passes as they are actually files and I have widened up a jet once. Pull out the float pin with pliers and insert it into a drill. Run the drill and hold some very fine sand paper against it to polish it up nice. Clean out the float needle seat perfectly as as well as the needle. Re assemble and start!

Shopping list:

-Yamabond, or other non-hardening sealer

-RTV (gasoline resistant)

-gasket papar

-Orifice cleaner

-fuel line

-inline fuel filter

-fine sand paper 320 grit or higher

The square bing is easy to seal and I believe is more reliable as far as leaking goes.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account