Help a Californian out

Joe Jacobsen /

California has some strict laws regarding mopeds, so I need to get around some. I was wondering if someone from a state like Conn. or something would do the whole I sell the bike to you, you sell the bike back to me thing. I could pay like 50 bucks or something. Send me an email or something if you down.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Help a Californian out

BryAn eurism /

No problem, just forward to my hotmail.ru email & I'll wire the $ to you from my Republic Bank of Lagos acct with a postdate check marked 'craigslist' on the memo. You're going to need to show 'shipping' so I'll give you an additional $750 which should cover that. All I need is your social

Why would you want to do this?

Moped registration is easy. Just fill out DMV form Reg230, and mail it in with a check for $18.00 and its done!

Yeah.....Silverfox is right.....pretty much easy as pie to register it here in Cali.

Move to Oregon.

Joe Jacobsen /

Hahaha I don't have a problem filling out the form. I just don't have the title and it's already plated. I thought that would be an easy way to get the title in my name. I was one of those suckers on craigslist who believed the guy when they said that you don't need registration, insurance, blah blah. If anyone knows what I should do, I'ld appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Joe

they have forms for a replacement title. just go in and tell them whats up, theyll tell you what to fill out

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

take the plate off and forget you saw it. take your vin number and register the bike. they have no idea, send them 18.

i think you can do it online.

it is SO easy.

They are all right, just get it down to the DMV, don't drive it there! have them verify the VIN get the forms and send a check with 18. I just got my new plate in the mail and now it's registered to me forever or until I sell.

Tom Rainwater /

Dude, don't make this hard do the REG230 and mail it in.

I got one that is plated and they said so, I just sent the form back with lost or destroyed in section c

I had another where they said it was a bad vehicle number, I filled out a new form and sent it in, the next clerk didn't have a problem.

don't make this into a big deal.

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

majtom is absolutely correct.

I wasn't trying to make it more difficult, I just ran into a problem with the DMV, I had to bring it down to get it verified other wise the Sac office wouldn't register it. Maybe you can get around it as my experience was probably different to yours, my ped had NEVER been registered ANYWHERE. Probably why I had to do it that way. Just mail in the form and wait.

Liberal hippie fruit state has easiest moped registration in country and pot's basically legal. It's a good time to be alive.

Joe Jacobsen /

I love my our wonderful state, I'll just send in the form. Should I put down anything where there's a spot for license plate number?

Nope, 'you never had one.' Just fill it out as if you're registering it for the first time.

if it is registered to someone else in the state still they will send u the registration and a paper that says you need a bill of sale from so and so, but no plate. If that happens then make out a bill of sale from the name they gave you and submit it again with the bill of sale. Then they will send u a plate.

Joe Jacobsen /

Cool thanks a lot guys. I cant wait to drive with out hiding from the law. With that said I don't have a motorcycle license, or insurance but baby steps. Anyway you guys rock.

Go down to your local DMV and take the written motorcycle test. Then get a learner's permit and you are good to go.

You can't legally ride at night with just a permit but if stopped you can always play stupid with the cop and say you were just going home.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account