Moped Tachometer

Do they exist?

Where can I buy one?

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: Moped Tachometer

yup,

Most popular one is the Tiny Tach. Very simple to install and use.

google it to find one to buy. also a couple on ebay as well.

You need a battery, then you get one made from a four wheeler or dirt bike. Trail Tech sells a kit close to what you need and if you call them they will substitute the parts you want. It is $125.00 not cheap but engine temp, speedo, tachometer, time. The engine temp is what I really bought mine for because it eliminates plug chops. You also could get a tiny tach. Do a search to here a lot of people here have one and battery is in it (AA on 9v do not remember).

Cool! Have looked around for this, sort of a back-burner thing. Being a true geek, I generally wear a Wave Ceptor watch and want every instrument I can possibly have in my Mustang. Indoor / outdoor thermometer/hygrometers, I own 6 watches other, etc. etc. ;-)

Brian can you show us a picture of your setup? I really like that idea.

Something I just thought of. I have a magneto, not a battery. It's an inductive pickup but still, made me go hmmm....

yes, the hz of your bikes electrical system is exactly the engine rpm i believe...after dividing by how many magnets pass the coil.

KOSO, google it.

So the variable amperage associated with the magneto shouldn't matter... ?

« Go to Topic — end of thread