insurance??

I was just quoted $199.00/mo by state farm because I am single and under the age of 25. Is this normal? does anyone know of a vendor that will not rape me like this? I was told that it would be about $10/mo and there is no way I can afford another $200 monthly.

You do HAVE to have insurance, right?

Re: insurance??

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Cripes, it's a moped and you, not a house! I'd get another quote.

thats fucking absurd. ive got geico and i pay 270 a year with 1 point on me record. it would be 150 if it were clean. im 24 and according to them its my first bike. fuck state farm

not in michigan.

i live in IL. everything sucks here. they make it next to impossible to get legal. :(

Sup Jane, Mikey from Peddy Cash has state farm I believe and got insurance for like 10 a month. If they dont give you a good rate try some other compamy.

Come hang out on Mondays with us. Its a good place to talk shop and meet some ppl/ although it might be a thin turnout this coming week since most of us will be in kzoo for thhe rally.

get insurance if you need it.

do not fuck around.

i got pulled over a month and a half ago for sort of rolling through a stop sign. the officer found out i didnt have insurance and now i have a $292.00 ticket to deal with. back to the workhouse for me.

considering that i got insurance for 85 dollars a year (through my parents insurance) i feel like a fucking idiot for not doing it beforehand.

do you live with your parents? my mom is under the impression that you have to live with someone for them to be listed under you....and she's not willing to break any rules.

i have both of my son's mopeds listed under my name on the title and insurance.

That way it costs them $51/yr in MN. Otherwise, being under 25, male, they would pay over $250.

They live with me, but as long as its titled and addressed under your mom, the insurance company won't look in your garage for its location. kids go to college or live on their own for a summer all the time and take their vehicle with them.

thanks! i wonder if my mom will buy that...

Ok, first, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that quote. An 18 year old can insure a 1000+ cc crotch rocket in any state for way less than that. Maybe they meant $199 a year, which is still to high. I'm 49, and pay just a little over $15 a year, for minimum liability only. No moped is worth full coverage. Try Dairyland/ Sentry. And see what you can get rid of to lower the premium. If you have a job with medical insurance, you don't need uninsured/underinsured motorist. Don't get towing, and have them cover you only as a rider. Dairyland/Sentry will do that. In any case, there is no way that moped insurance would cost anywhere near what you were quoted, no matter what your age, location, or driving record. First of all make sure your state even requires insurance. Several don't. I rode, and drove without insurance for several years, until my state passed a law requiring it. If your state doesn't require it, don't get it. If you are found responsible for an accident, you can be sued whether you have insurance or not. For the most part, insurance is just a big rip off. Peace. Jerry.

Call Dairyland(now Sentry). They give us the best rate. 3 mopeds on a policy that costs $80 annually. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2126/2513942569_4c0fb9c3e7.jpg?v=0

Dairyland for sure. Each bike is $50 for me.

per year

Or just move to Montana. I pay ZERO dollars for insurance, zero for license, and zero for any other type of government extortion.

Oh, and we got lotsa meat here! Bison is my favorite.

My dad is in PA right now, and will be home soon with a big hunk of Lebanon Bologne for my family! I am drooling, and can't wait!

i balked when he said $199, and said "you must mean ANNUALLY"...and he said no. this is how my luck usually is with things...i just called another agent and got quoted $587...still not willing to pay it. this one said that i had an "excellent" record, that my age had nothing to do with it and that it was my location (chicago). too bad my boyfriend who lives in the same house as me pays $96.

...thanks, everyone for your advice!

one day i'll get it figured out. :)

man, i go through state farm and my mopeds are like $17/mo each.

Setting it straight /

State Farm quoted 1/3 more than what I'm paying. Does Royal Bank (Canadian) sell insurance in the U.S. I'm paying $20/month .. 61 years old, clean record.

i was obviously a really big asshole in my last life.

dairyland is great, except for the fact that they have a policy that they will insure Tomos a3's, but NOT a35s, or a55's, because THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL. I shit you not. My girl's on Dairyland for $50 a year, I'm on Progressive for $125. LAME.

Oh, an insurance dealer? Or a tax collector.....?

hehhe I hope you find a goods deal. I cringe at the thought of getting raped in such a way.

George Smith /

Thank you for visiting geico.com and requesting a motorcycle insurance price quote.

We are pleased to offer you a rate quote for a GEICO Indemnity Motorcycle Policy.

Your total premium for a 12 month policy will be $99.99.

Return to your online quote to buy this policy or see the details of the coverage included in your quote.

To purchase your policy over the phone, please call 1-866-238-6902. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please reference number 080522R4432144 when you call.

now granted this quote is in florida which does not require moped insurance and for a jawa. This is the same rate I'd pay for a chinese scooter as well

They do in AZ, I have an '08 Sprint A55, an '03 ST A35, and an '80 Puch Newport 2hp 2 spd, insured with them, all for the same price, about $15 a year, along with an '06 Honda Metropolitan, ( $22 a year) an '07 Lifan LF200GY-5 (Chinese dual purpose bike), ($28 a year ) and an '02 Kawasaki Vulcan 750. The 750 is by far the most expensive, at $45 a year. Again, this is for minimum liability ONLY. Absolutely no extras. Peace. Jerry.

no insurance required in CT, but for my car i pay 480 per year and i'm 17. GEICO

« Go to Topic — end of thread