should I start over?

_This is my first moped_. and as you may have suspected.. I can't seem to get it working. Should I just tear it down all the way and start over?

Looking for ideas.

Re: should I start over?

its a puch man, shouldnt be that hard to get running.

Gets spark, compression and gas?

Edward Richardson /

Heres the beauty of the moped, if the problem is too complex or expensive for you right now, you can put it away until you can fix it. Get something a little easier to fix and you can come back to the Puch when you are ready. Or you find a friend that can help you.

Buy a brand new one and learn as you go .. slowly .. there's a lot to learn about repair and maintenance.

Puch Maxi eh? well you could tear it down and you would learn a lot in the process. The E50 is one of the simplest moped engines there is so if you take your time the results should be very pleasing. On the other hand if you want ti get riding this summer you should fix it as it sits. Can you turn the engine over? If so, you can make it run. If not, go ahead and take it apart and throw some money into a first rate rebuild. Read Fred's Guide break> if worst comes to worst try this break> beautiful guide.

I am not even sure how to try and make the engine turn over, I took the cover off to the the wheel that turns and oh well nevermind, the more I type to stupideer I get, but thanks. I'' check out that Fred's Guide.preciate it!

Hey if that wheel turns then you have really good chance of making it run. Puchs aren't fussy engines, it will let you know when you're close. Some of the engines out there won't even try unless everything is perfect. Fred's guide is great, Turning the engine over is no problem in this case, all you have to do is pull in the black clutch lever on the left side while pedaling.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Puchs are easy. They are what I learned on, and I never touched an engine before getting into mopeds. Now I have 4 Puchs. You can do it man!

« Go to Topic — end of thread