Motron project, evaporust before and after

Before:

After:

Looking at this picture I realized I need to move the headlight up a few inches.

I evaporusted both wheels, the forks, the pipe, and the rear shocks. This thing was basically a barn find when I got it for $50, more dead spiders than I've ever seen. Air filter was rusted to mush, water had sat in the carb. Still after a carb cleaning and new filter, a couple new cables, points cleaning, and a new spark plug, it runs great. Raced against my Tomos A3 w/Biturbo it was a little weak on the low end and didn't do quite the same top speed but it pulled past the Tomos for a bit in the middle. Now if this guy will get it together and give me a notorized bill of sale already I can get this baby a title in time for 1977mopeds getting their batch of minarelli performance pipes in a few weeks.

Re: Motron project, evaporust before and after

how did you use it exactly?

nice, was it mostly surface rust or is it pretty pitted? I think the headlight looks cool down there hehe.

I dipped the front forks. For the rest I just scrubbed it with a wet sponge because the stuff was too hard to dip except maybe the rear shocks. There was light pitting all over the muffler but it looks perfect from 5 feet, there was some heavy rust and pitting on the one side of each wheel (like maybe it sat in standing water), on which I used a dremel with a brillo-like tip to expedite the process. Those areas don't look perfect because of the pitting and some scuffing from using the dremel, but again the overall look comes out to be pretty from 5 feet and most of the rims on the wheels are near perfect now.

Lance applewhite /

It looks good from my house.Probably couldn't get any better judging from what it looked like before.I like the old but cared for look on a moped.Evapo-rust -the botox for mopeds.

i love a motron.

im glad to see you cleaned this one up. nice work.

What?! Why would you remove that beautiful coppery patina?!

Haha, no, I'm just kidding. It looks great. Did you let the evapo-rust sit at all, or you just scrubbed at it right away?

I pretty much just scrubbed it except for the forks, because unless you let it sit submerged for hours it doesn't do much to just wet the surface and wait a bit.

Lance applewhite /

I've got 3 quarts of used evapo-rust.I'll bring it K-ZOO on Saturday if anyone wants it(free).Look for the pink commuter.

« Go to Topic — end of thread