(*&)(*&#$!! title in Illinois

I have a brand new tomos that I bought from a licensed dealer last night. I went to the currency exchange with my bill of sale and certificate of origin and was told that without tax form ST-556 my request for a title would be denied. My boyfriend has been dealing with this bureaucracy bullshit for weeks with his vintage ped, but I thought it would be easier with a new one. My dealer is too busy with the upcoming kzoo rally to pick up his phone or deal with this nonsense. Is this form real or should I just go to some other currency exchange? God DAMMIT!

Re: (*&)(*&#$!! title in Illinois

bump..

what i have never heard of that. Go to a differnt one. They prob don't want to deal with it. Why would you need a tax form? Did they give a reason?

(*&)(*&#$!! title in Illinois

Go to the dmv and get that form. It's real. It's just a form for paying the taxes on your new vehicle.

Lance applewhite /

So who has the tax forms.I the dmv or the dealer.I think the dealer should fill it out and then you take it to the dmv.The selling price should be on the B.O.S. If not put down $1.00 for the selling price and you'll on pay .15 cents tax I think.I feel for you.I dread going to the dmv.

Lance applewhite /

It's some goofy law they passed a few years back about selling certain things like cars and boats etc.

I think when my dad gave me his old canoe they had to charge a minimum fee.

In Illinois you don't pay tax based on how much you paid for the vehicle, but based on the year.

Lance applewhite /

The bastards chaged it again.They'll never have enough money.EVER!

Jane, I got mine at the DMV down on Lake St. they had all the forms and gave them to me to fill out.

« Go to Topic — end of thread