titling in Illinois-how hard?

I'm new here, brought in by 2 Craigslist purchases of an Express II & a QT50, both only with bill of sale.

Is there an easy way to get these titled?

I went to the local currency exchange and got some forms, but I suspect the sellers I got them from never had them titled, so getting a duplicate title and power of attorney for them seems like a waste.

Is there a sly way to get legal?

Re: titling in Illinois-how hard?

Go to currency exchange or DMV, need to apply for a title, and plates. Bill of sale usually needs to be from a state that doesnt title mopeds (like Michigan).

My main worry is that the title went away and it's been sold over and over 3-4 times before getting to me, so getting a title replacement from the last guy won't work as he never had one, nor did the guy who had it before that.

You need to make up a bill of sale from a state that doesnt title peds. You are applying for a new title, not a replacement.

So, I re-do the bill of sale and have a relative in Michigan or someone here sign it up? Then it's easy from there?

-Tim

you just say joe mama from michigan sold it to you. and they're like oh, how is he? and then they give you the stuff.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account