titling in Illinois-how hard?

I'm new here, brought in by 2 Craigslist purchases of an Express II & a QT50, both only with bill of sale.

Is there an easy way to get these titled?

I went to the local currency exchange and got some forms, but I suspect the sellers I got them from never had them titled, so getting a duplicate title and power of attorney for them seems like a waste.

Is there a sly way to get legal?

Re: titling in Illinois-how hard?

Go to currency exchange or DMV, need to apply for a title, and plates. Bill of sale usually needs to be from a state that doesnt title mopeds (like Michigan).

My main worry is that the title went away and it's been sold over and over 3-4 times before getting to me, so getting a title replacement from the last guy won't work as he never had one, nor did the guy who had it before that.

You need to make up a bill of sale from a state that doesnt title peds. You are applying for a new title, not a replacement.

So, I re-do the bill of sale and have a relative in Michigan or someone here sign it up? Then it's easy from there?

-Tim

you just say joe mama from michigan sold it to you. and they're like oh, how is he? and then they give you the stuff.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account