way O/T but wondering

okay, so i work in a drive thru bank. My co-workers are 20 something males who enjoy sports and chick and what not. We've had this continuing debate over whether it is okay for a man to look at another man. They say no and get extremely defensive. It's even more exciting to watch them get VERY worked up when it happens at work (the whole "staring' thing). Lots of swearing and what not. I tell them they're lame and possibly harbouring major homosexual tendencies.

Thoughts?? I'm at work currently. So let's have a colorful debate :)

Re: way O/T but wondering

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Make it more intresting with 'would you rather do ted, or chad' type questions...

More to the point, can i get a bunch of people to come through our bank and stare at them for a while??

depends on how long they look. They're in thier 20's and worried about being seen doing something that they assume to be gay. Maybe they'll grow out of it. Heck, I have friends who think I'm odd for grabbing my wife's purse out of the car and walking across a parking lot with it. Doesn't phase me one bit and I'm not even close to being gay. I like the puss!

I don't think all people who dislike the idea that two people of the same sex can be in a loving relationship are harbourig gay tendencies, Some just don't think it's right, but it does help put the homey-phoebes in thier place. Thier opinions, thier convictions. Who cares? Not me.

way O/T but wondering

Just get one of them to admit that Depp, Jared Leto, or Brad Pitt is totally hot(they are, by the way). They will be blowing eachother in the bathroom by lunch.

hahhaa.

Well why wouldn't be okay?

I have to admit, if a guy is checking me out, I wanna duck and run, but I don't get all worked up over it, I just down another beer, and forget about it. Now if they get all touchy feely, I may push them away, or even punch them if I had to, but it's never gone that far.

To be so defensive about it seems sorta ridiculous though.

Sometimes, as I have long hair, I get looks, until they see that I'm a guy. Then sometimes they will come up to me and tell me what they thought. I guess having long hair most of my life, I have had to accept a few unpleasent occasions, but never been offended that I know of. Maybe embarresed, but never upset really.

Now if ya think I'm lookin at another guy with any longing, you are mistaken. My craving is all about the female. mmmm yeah!

---_DeeZy_

hahaaa! Strike one.

Yuk Brennan. Stay outa my stall!

way O/T but wondering

I keep trying to.

A lot of "younger guys" with egos look at other guys, not because they are attracted to them, but because they are comparing themselves to them, to see how they "measure up". Most "younger guys" are very insecure about themselves, although I've also seen young women doing the same thing. Peace. Jerry.

Wow, that may be a good observation, Jerry.

I once got a compliment from a gay man at an after the NO Jazzfest party. It was kinda weird because I really wasn't expecting it. The only thing i could say was " why thank you, my wife feels the same way" and I didn't think telling him "fuck you" would be a good move on my part.

The party was at a gay guy's house, so I wasn't in any position to get offensive. Not like I would ayways.

Also, my wife tended bar at a gay bar. Needless to say, they all came runnning up to say hi to me when I'd go visit her. I always got free beer.

Erin, i would love to come to your bank and stare at them, but i'd probably end up staring at you.

</creepy>

you got free beer from the gay guys but your wife wouldn't hook it up? Thats lame.

SOme guys are defensive and arn't harboring any homosexual tendencies. The fact that people think a guy has to be so comfortable that he has to check out another guy means your secure is stupid. I know some guys are good looking but would i ever check out a guys ass, never.

Maybe one of them is gay, or maybe the idea of two guys naked together is enough to make them throw up in their mouth. I don't care if a guy is gay To be honest two guys kissing will make me throw up and very uncomfortable i just find it really gross, What the hell looks good on a mans body not much. But i also find Hetrosexual PDA kinda gross and rude so yeah.

Vimy Ridgeway /

Renmember the line in the Who song from Quadraphrenia: "Pretty girls digging prettier women."

I think's the song is called "The 5:15."

Aw shucks! I always ask why they assume the customers are stairing at them and not me.

I don't even think it's a gay issue. More of a "why is that guy stairing at me? I'll kill him."

agreed

Farther down the road of time they will be pleased to be hit on by anything ambulatory.

I got my last haircut when I was 14, but I keep my hair in a ponytail (trust me, you don't want to be leaning over under the hood of a car with a running engine with long hair in the way), I have a goatee, plus I'm really big, my arms are bigger than most womens legs, so I've never run into that problem. Peace. Jerry.

hook what up? me? She always hooks me up, but since it wasn't her bar she can't be giving away the profits. Especially when she got the tip for th beer they bought me. Win win situation for the straight couple.

« Go to Topic — end of thread