STOLEN MOPED CAMBRIDGE MA

Ugh.

So I just flew to Denmark for the summer, leaving my moped with a friend back in Cambridge. It had been parked outside in front of one of the MIT dorms for a week, I handed over the key on Sunday night, and when he went to move it Monday afternoon it was gone. He found the cut lock (it was a Kryptonite hardened chain, so someone knew what they were doing).

It's a 1978 Motobecane 50V. Black, mag wheels, sissy bar, turn signals, mirrors, last seen with bright orange saddle bags. Pretty distinctive with the add-ons, but they could be removed. The kickstand red, and unless the thief is really smart, that will probablly be its most distinguishing mark.

Like I said, I'm in Denmark until August, so I can't keep an eye out for this. If you see it, contact me and John Williams - johnw AT mit.edu. John's the guy I lent it to, and this theft wasn't his fault (I parked and locked the bike...), so don't give him a hard time or anything.

Thanks,

~Sam

Re: STOLEN MOPED CAMBRIDGE MA

i will find this moped and kill the rider. i have eagle eyes for other mopeds, and will keep on the lookout. also, repost this in the master boston photos/ride thread, as well as the boston mini ride photos thread, as many local riders are posting there.

sam, i'm so sorry, i'll keep an eye out, and throw down some punks if i see it (or, you know, just email john).

Dont forget to call the property people and the cops.

Not only to report it, but to see if they impounded it.

Sorry, not to insult the pretty little peoples republik of Cambridge, but if there's any town where some jackhole beurocrat with a tape measure and nothing to do would find that you had parked your gas containing moped within 13 yards of a nesting robin and that it had to be removed for the good of all, its Cambridge.

Do you have a picture you could post?

i feel like mit students could engineer a tool to break a chain in seconds.. indoor parking is key!

I'll be on the lookout as well...which part of MIT was it parked at?

This sucks; I'll keep an eye out for it on cl as I seek my own stolen bike. I had more bikes stolen from me in Cambridge. It didn't matter what kind of sh*t they were; someone would take them regardless.

Also dont forget the resources of little kids in the area `50 or better yet 100 bucks reward toward the safe return of you bike might get it back. You don have to pay if you dont get it back...

sam's bike was parked at senior house across the street from the media lab

Il be on the lookout.

dude, i dont wanna get anyones hopes up but there IS a black moby that keeps popping up on CL. there arent that many black motobecane around so it could be yours. also, the picture keeps getting more and more sketchily edited... for some reason they put the picture in MSpaint and keep cropping the photo so it is JUST the bike, no surroundings whatsoever.

i just searched for it, couldnt go that far back on MA CL (only goes as far back as the 14th, and i think the ad is before then). i just know it was black with gold mags, double seat i believe.

anybody who checks NH/MA CL (andrewhed, probably) will know the bike im talking about... was goin for about $350 i think.

like i said, dont wanna get hopes up but the bike WAS pretty sketchy. good luck man.

-Steve

Damn, Senior House??? I would've expected trouble on maybe frat row but not there...ugh

STOLEN MOPED CAMBRIDGE MA

yeah dude... the black moby they are talking about is on newyork CL. there is a pic so check it and let me know. i love approaching people that try to sell a stolen moped... they never see it coming. (the chain, that is...)

no steve is right there was one for sale in somewhere in mass i think about 2 weeks ago.

there was a red one in brighton i think,,and a black one like you decribe somewhere.

i wonder if you can contact someone at craigs and see.

the black one on cl for 350 is in tamworth nh i doubt its the one that one has been on and off cl for about 6 months now

i actually called about that one buy the guy wont take any less than 350 for it and it needs a bunch of work

theres like no mopeds around here except for the ones i have and and my friends so if i see a black botobecane with a red kickstand il let ya know

bob brandolini buys a lot of peds il let him know he will be on the look out

sam i'm so sorry, i'll be another set of eyes.

has anyone filed a report for you back in the states? the police won't do anything, but it's nice to have them on your side if someone has to jump the kid to get the ped back.

Oooooooo....this is bad news, man.

I'm bringing three pretty pimped out peds to Cambridge in July for my new residence.

I would literally SKEWER any sackslinging piece of shit that stole my ped.

Fuck, man...hope you find it.

« Go to Topic — end of thread