Motobecane-pros & cons?

I have a chance to buy a motobecane moped, mechanically good, runs, thats all the info I know. What can you tell me about them in general. Anything I need to look out for? Where any a 25 mph model? Thanks

Re: Motobecane-pros & cons?

I have never owned a Motobecane, but have always wanted one. They are one of the best mopeds ever made, and very classy. If you have a chance to buy a decent one (with little to no rust in the tank) for a reasonable price, grab it, and deal with the rest of it later. Peace. Jerry.

pros

its french

possible CVT(means not pedaling away from lights)

bigger, comfier

cons

maintenence can be a bit trickier

gurtner carbs are fussy

reverse threaded fasteners in a few places

and there were 20, 25 and 30 mph versions

Motobecane-pros & cons?

Pro: When running, they are great machines.

Cons: It's hard to keep them in the Pro mode.

pros and cons there Italian

pros and cons there Italian

What?

Motobecanes are hot. I'm about to finish my AV10 motor buildup for my moby. It is going to be sick.

Personally, I love my motobecane. For an old bike that really isn't in that great of condition, it runs beautifully.

Italian= good looks, cool features(like a vairator) and a pain to work on

Motobecanes are FRENCH!

first off. they are french.

not italian.

CON: people dont pronounce it right, EVER> (mow tow ba con) not

(mow tow ba cane)

anyways.

"motobecane is a compound word made up of two colloquialisms stuck together. "Moto" is a slang word for motorcycle; "b

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

motobecane! FTW!

in english motobecane is pronounced (mow tow ba cane). If i was speaking french I would pronounce it (mow tow ba con). Thems in ma cuntry naw.

shoot you say potato i say vodka. i only use the proper pronounciation when i am talking to some one for the first time and i don't want to seem dumb. after that i say what i like to say.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

its mow-tow-bee-cain you frog loving, cheese eating, surrender monkeys!

Whoever said Italian must be feeling like a dumbass right about now.

Mobys = Sexiest moped around. They are French....come on.

I have a Moby and it is awesome....but here is the disclaimer:

Motobecanes are a MONEYPIT as far as performance parts/mods go.

Don' ; insulte de t le Fran

A Motobecane will definitely set you apart from the Puch and Tomos crowd. Peace. Jerry.

Motobecane is a fantastic bike, when looking at them make sure there is not much rust in the tank. Plan on replacing the condensor at some point. There are 30mph 25 mph and 20mph models. Here is a fantastic website www.motobecanemobylette.com .I would buy it if it runs, they have the smoothest ride of any moped I have ever ridden. Best of luck and have fun!

The proper pronunciation is

MOTO BAY CAN ( LIKE IN A CAN)

Il n'y a pas d'autres prononciation mes amis.

i love them, but mine is pretty much always dead or on the verge of being dead.

also, mine's a 25mph version and it only goes 20. tim's spare is also a 25mph version and only goes 20 (his daily rider goes 35mph almost totally stock though). maybe it's just me.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

You just have to know how to give it the love. I pound my Frenchy French every day and it loves me very much. As far as tuning and mods, these bikes right now are a great chance to work your old school tuning tricks. Yes kiddies that means porting and piston work. I replaced my Gurtner with a sha 15:15 and did a little port/piston work and she sings at about 35. And that is on a 25 mph cylinder none the less.

Motobecane-pros & cons?

Jerry Franek /

I applaud what Bry says, which is what Mopedlar always said. Remember the couple who rode away from their wedding on a Moby? Larry said he hoped they weren't going too far for the honeymoon. My four are always needing something. My Garelli and Derbi just run and run.

Everyone seems to like the looks and ride. Almost everyone says it shouldn't be your first bike.

The few who have dependable fast runners are goddamn lucky. Maybe they have some French blood in their heritage.

« Go to Topic — end of thread